A Stake to me Heart: Bucharest ready to tar Stars dis year with pitching staff

GM: Joe Faulstick

Moderator: Joby21

allenciox
Ex-GM

A Stake to me Heart: Bucharest ready to tar Stars dis year with pitching staff

Post by allenciox » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:52 pm

I so excited about year to come up! We have such good spring training, and many good players. Even though we hire no new free agents in offseason (everbody say, "We no want to play on your team!") we have lots of talent bubbling up through whole system --- our two farm clubs were both best teams in their leagues last year.

We have best rotation in UMEBA, no doubt. Six players tried hard for five spots during Spring Training, and decided to use five-man rotation during regular season, featuring:

1. Mateus Rabisca to anchor the rotation. He was fantastic closer for Balauri last year (1.06 ERA with 42 IP!) until got hurt with season-ending injury late last year. He held out of spring training trying to recover his arm, but we watch him pitch recently and his 98 MPH fastball is a joy to behold. He also bring strong forkball, curveball, and changeup in his repertoire.
2. Armand Rasquilha . He no play last year until last weeks of season due to year-long injury, and was, frankly, not fully recovered when he get back, but wowzee! he show what he made of in spring training, with 2.25 ERA in 20 IP.
3. Tadamichi Yoshida one of those youngsters who too good to leave in minor leagues, get called up to majors in early August last year. He can throw his fastball at over 100 MPH, almost break sound barrier, but strongest pitch is knuckle curve. After getting call up last year, he have 3.51 ERA in rest of year, not bad. Believe it or not, he actually still get better in offseason, and also have 2.25 ERA in 20 IP in spring training. Any of these three guys could be anchor of any other starting rotation in UMEBA --- almost crime to have them all on one team.
4. we upgrade Jorge Ortiz from closer late last season to starting rotation this year. With 2.07 era last year, he shut everybody down.
5. Ralph Fowler is surprise fifth starter. He spend almost whole career in bullpen, but he come into office yesterday and promise me he be great starting pitcher. So I give him shot, even though he have only 5.02 ERA with Jerusalem in bullpen last year and have no velocity on his four pitch reportoire (maybe I crazy?), and was shelled in his last outing, giving up four runs getting only one out. But he get lots of movement on pitches, especially his slider and splitter, and he walk almost no one. So, who knows? What we got to lose? Maybe he not pitch much, anyway. We see.

Our bullpen should be among best in UMEBA, too; Roberto 'Big Daddy' Muńíz is our closer, after an excellent spring, and he setup by two fantastic relievers, Pedro Aguilar and Rob 'Pokey' Snyder .

Meanwhile two starters from last year, Jose Olvera (who led league in wins, WAR, and hr/9 innings last year), and Bob Corrigan move to the bullpen this year, and George House is holdover from last year.

Next up, I talk about batters for team in 2040.

Return to “Sao Paulo Pilots”