The Lair Report: 2039.01 – Isa Done Deal: Balauri Name New Manager

GM: Joe Faulstick

Moderator: Joby21

jleddy
Ex-GM

The Lair Report: 2039.01 – Isa Done Deal: Balauri Name New Manager

Post by jleddy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:30 pm

The new front office of the Bucharest Balauri has wasted no time this off-season, inking Isa Abdul-Nasir to a one-year deal to step in as manager for the Balauri. Abdul-Nasir, 44, spent last season managing the Jakarta Orange Sox -- Bucharest's AA minor-league team -- to the Far East Baseball League Championship, thanks to an outstanding 94-46 regular season record. The successful campaign earned Abdul-Nasir the Manager of the Year Award for UMEBA's AA level.

What stunned Balauri and Orange Sox fans alike was the fact that the previous front office regime allowed Abdul-Nasir's contract to expire at season's end, a problem new Bucharest GM Joe Lederer was quick to remedy. "Look, I inherited a good ball club with some front office issues," Lederer told reporters. "My plan is for [Assistant GM] Josh [McDonnell] and I to plug all the proverbial holes and right the ship. We have some personnel openings we need to address before we begin arbitration and free agency." Lederer cites Abdul-Nasir's impressive first year of managing and his experience within the Middle East region as to why a contract was offered so quickly. After lengthy negotiations, Abdul-Nasir was introduced to the media as the club's newest manager.

"I was disappointed and confused," Adbul-Nasir admitted at the press conference when asked about finishing the season without a contract. "But that's behind me, it's behind all of us. It means a great deal to me that Mr. Lederer and ownership want me here and have faith in me managing at this level."

From 2014 to 2025, Abdul-Nasir was a talented outfielder in the Israel Baseball Association before several knee injuries forced him into retirement. In 2027, Abdul-Nasir opened up a baseball academy in Nazareth, outside of his hometown of Kiryat Shemona. Abdul-Nasir's academy has developed some of Israel's most talented players in recent years, including 19-year-old outfielder Les Clayton, currently a prospect for the Charm City Jimmies of the Brewster Baseball Association.

With a new general manager, assistant general manager and now manager all under contract, it can be expected all other staff openings for Bucharest and its minor league affiliates to be filled quickly, with player transactions to follow.

Isa Abdul-Nasir batted .329 in 35
games for the Israeli National Team.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Lair Report: 2038.06 – Isa Done Deal: Balauri Name New Manager

Post by RonCo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Nice pick.

If you want to number this one 39.01 that would be great. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sao Paulo Pilots”