‘Preparing for Takeoff’ 2054.01 - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

GM: Joe Faulstick

Moderator: Joby21

SFNE
Ex-GM

‘Preparing for Takeoff’ 2054.01 - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

Post by SFNE » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:51 pm

Below is an excerpt from the GM of the Sao Paulo Pilots, Aiden Sones, discussing the past season, as well as future plans to Shareholders:

{Excerpt Begins}

“(Clears throat) Good Evening, as you all know this is my first press conference as the GM of the São Paulo Pilots. I have decided to bring you (Pilots Shareholders) here today to give everyone my honest thoughts on the future of this team, and the plans to rebuild from this disappointing season.

Disappointing season, that is the only way we can describe the atrocity that has occurred over this past year. As many of you know, I have not been here for a long time. In fact, I only joined this organization days before the trade deadline, causing a lack of transactions midway through the season. This lead to necessary actions not being done. I apologize. But what's even worse, and the most glaring issue in front of us, is the future of the GBC. Due to the decline of the Global Baseball Consortium, we collectively as an organization, have been downgraded to an Independent league team, rather than a major-league club in association with the Brewster Baseball Association. This demotion not only questions the sustainability of the league, as GM’s are finding new opportunities in the BBA, but also hinders the future plans for the team many Brazilians loved over these past three years… But enough of this negative thinking. Even if this league goes to the ground, who’s there to stop us from having one final victory lap. One final celebration, one final honoring as we cherish and unite with those whom we may not see eye to eye, but have the ability to bond over the best sport in the world. Baseball.

(*Various Shareholders cheer*)

Let's talk future plans. Yes, we have lost many great players at the end of last season. Ivan Molina, Eng-hee Kim, and Alfonso Castillo were all great pitchers, on the mound and in the clubhouse, but they did not see themselves pitching for an organization who had lost their relationship with the BBA and major league-status. The same can be said for Erik Wignes, Elvan Masuki, Nam-Cheol U, and Harry Stamper III. We tried to re-sign every single one of these players, but sadly none of them wanted to be associated with the Pilots, or in some cases the GBC ever again. This leads to many positions that needs to be filled. More specifically, two starting pitchers, a reliever, a shortstop, an outfielder, and a second baseman. In order to fulfill these needs, the Pilots have to free up cash space to obtain at least league average players in replacement.

This leads to my next point and the first step to become champions once again, a quick-fire sale. It might seem counter-intuitive for a team to sell their players to try to win games, but this is now Independent baseball. The same strategies that applied to a major league club don’t apply here. Due to the quick demotion of the GBC, the quality of players in Free Agency will drastically increase, leading to players who are rejected from the BBA or any other leagues or organizations to come to Sao Paulo for a lot less. Therefore, don’t be surprised if the Pilots make a lot of their signings mid-way through the season to compensate for the lack of minor league depth that this team possesses. To afford these players, we must sell some other... players. Let me repeat that again, to afford these players, we MUST go sell some other players, especially ones with outrageous contracts. [Without naming any names, a fan favorite who is massively overpaid in GBC terms comes to mind (wink)].

In summary, Independent or not, this is the same game it's always been, with the same 90 ft from base to base, the same three strikes you're out, and the same 9 inning games. The only difference is we are getting a subtle warning of the team’s demise, so why not put all your chips in one basket and have one final joyride? LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, PREPARE FOR TAKEOFF!"

{Excerpt Ends}

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: ‘Preparing for Takeoff’ - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

Post by Dington » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:16 pm

Great job! Just make sure to include the year and TN# in the title so you get proper credit.

For example: ‘Preparing for Takeoff’ 2054.01 - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading more!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Re: ‘Preparing for Takeoff’ 2054.01 - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

Post by tylertoo » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:37 pm

Great job!
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: ‘Preparing for Takeoff’ 2054.01 - Excerpt from Sao Paulo Press Conference on December 1st, 2053

Post by Trebro » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 pm

Excellent work! Looking forward to more!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sao Paulo Pilots”