Hammer Time 2050.1

GM: Zachary Moore-Smith

Moderator: drzachary

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Hammer Time 2050.1

Post by DaveB » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:58 pm

Victim of Changes?

The Hebrew Hammers were hit hard with numerous changes to key members of the team after last seasons one on one game 7 defeat to division rival Manama in the playoffs. I felt like Nostradamus reading the prophecy when I predicted two of Adam Backhouse, Baden Dutton, and Jose Figueroa would be gone after the season and was correct as Backhouse and Figueroa both are no longer with the organization. When I took over the organization I saw that we were going to need to slash payroll to get under the cap for this season. Even though Backhouse was delivering the goods last year as seen with his BURT Triple Crown we knew there was a good chance that we would be losing him either by him executing his player option or through release. Our fan base was rightfully wondering if we were brain dead and very much willing to put us into a grinder when news broke about Backhouse. Shortly after the season ended (and after I decided I wanted him to stay), Adam Backhouse opted out of his contract and we released Figueroa to get under the cap. We also lost key contributions from Quant Kouros, who seemingly had a chip on his shoulder after being held in AAA by the previous management team and didn't want to resign.

Coming into camp for spring training this year the team seemed to be united to prove that they would be able to win without the key losses suffered. A player who could be a real painkiller for the loss of the offensive firepower is Garry Mihalsky. Mihalsky had 29 homers and a .939 OPS in AAA last year which would help off set the losses. We also added Gipper Kengos in free agency while resigning Weaver Ripley to play left field and center field respectively. Some heads are gonna roll possibly if the team takes a major step back in their performance this year. We're heading out to the highway to open the season for a rematch vs Manama. It'll be exciting to see how we open up the season.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

jjw
Ex-GM

Re: Hammer Time 2050.1

Post by jjw » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Manama is very much looking forward to another challenging battle for the Burt title!
I have been reflecting on the results of the Harney for Theophanous trade we made back in early 2048. On balance, Harney has contributed a bit more to his club's performance, going 25-23 for the Hammers, pitching basically only as a starter (65 of 66 appearances)with a 4.25 ERA (107 ERA+) and total WAR of 7.5 since the trade (but then his WAR with Manama over a little more than three seasons was even higher, 8.5!), while Theophanous record since the trade is 17-13 with a 4.38 ERA (ERA+ of 101) and total WAR of 3.9, pitching as both a reliever (51 games) and starter (40 games; note that the Greek is expected to now stay in the rotation for 2050). Theophanous may have slightly more upside, not yet reaching his full potential, but then no one (not even OOTP) can foretell the future :)
Your thoughts?
Jack Whalen
Manama Pearls 2048-2050
Jacksonville Hurricanes 2051-

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”