THE Hammer 2049.12: My first 30 (sim) days

GM: Jesse Stollings

Moderator: Jess64

Jerusaelm_GM

THE Hammer 2049.12: My first 30 (sim) days

Post by Jerusaelm_GM » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:49 pm

May 12, 2049

Ladies and gentlemen the Hebrew Hammers are almost at the quarter pole in the 2049 season and into the first thirty 30 days of my tenure as GM. The initial setup with what we had showed up with not much was going to be required at least early on to get the ball rolling with lineups and such. Names and faces still unfamiliar to the full landscaping; however, one name came to the forefront in the way of 1B and clean up hitter Adam Backhouse. Overall chemistry seems to be good condition with no glaring trouble makers in the clubhouse.

As noted in the previous post we had a 5-6 record with not much if any knowledge of truly what we had. We managed to figure a few things in the interim with a positive 15-10 win loss record since to stay within .5 GB Manama. In that time, we are scoring at almost 6 runs a game and giving up just under 5. We are researching all of what we have and still a work in progress. It is just a matter of time before other teams figure out what we are doing eventually. Positionally speaking we know 3B Miguel Mayo will not be our guy in the hot corner moving forward not to mention to go with #10 rating in UMEBA. Lots of time and research along the way will go far in our development in the days ahead. Anything that happens now and the end of the season we will take it as it comes with low expectations.

We are still learning the rules seeing free agent budget at $20M left to spend and coming to the realization that the we were at the cap level of $55M was a shock to the system believing we could go spend some cash and get guys to fill the depth chart. Nonetheless, it was a pipe dream to say the least. We are checking waiver wires and releases to see if any could be good mercenaries for the Hammers in the future. We are realizing that it is easier said than done. The pools are rather thin and may look nice on the outside for some available they carry very expensive sticker prices.

The UMEBA draft is under way somewhat. It is going rather slow (really slow) and when it was finally our turn with the 4th pick in the draft we selected the Bulgarian Oil Can SP Milojica Suljic who has a solid slider and changeup already developed. Honestly, I could even see some ML time by the time the season is over with out of the bullpen in his future. I suspect he will spend a large majority of his time in AAA Johannesburg. Depending upon development and statistics come September we will see how much we need him otherwise he will get a ST bid and try to make the ML squad year. More picks will be revealed as the draft moves on.

We have adapted well overall in the first 30 days and having fun so far during the learning process with rules, players, and other owners. Rules and how things run on a daily basis seem to be the largest hurdle. Only time will tell if we will doing good in the big picture only hope to have fun along the way.

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: THE Hammer 2049.12: My first 30 (sim) days

Post by shoeless.db » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:37 am

Good rundown of things. I love that your username is misspelled. Please never change it.
Sacramento Mad Popes
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
— The Heartland Sucks
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054, 2058
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Drew_V
Ex-GM

Re: THE Hammer 2049.12: My first 30 (sim) days

Post by Drew_V » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Great summary, Will. And good eye on Milojica Sulji!
Drew Visscher, Bucharest Impalers GM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”