Moderator: drzachary

cheekimonk
BBA GM

THE Hammer 2048.37: 2048 Bullpen (and more) Pitching

Post by cheekimonk » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:21 am

THE Hammer
8 Oct 2048
Jerusalem, Israel

Now we turn our eyes to the rotation and bullpen. Those kind of bleed over into each other. Could be a little (better) or a lot of changes (worse). The Hebrews came out of Spring Training with a starting staff of:

Rotation

SP Gary Goodchild (3.09 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, +0.6 WAR) - Yes, you read that right. Goodchild was the ACE of the staff. It's hard for me to remember a pitcher, at the ACE level, fell as hard as he did. From 2046 his ERA rose from 2.75 to 4.96, his FIP from 2.70 to 4.69, and his WAR dipped from +6.8 to +2.1. better than a replacement but...maybe I'm bitter that I was forced to babysit him all year. Take the 3.09 ERA/1.20 WHIP in and I'll give you ERAs of 4.35, 8.50, 2.70, 5.40 from May to August
SP Hsuang-tsung Xú - Xú remained solid the entire year right at what you'd expect from a #2.
SP Edwin Harney - Was a shock and pleasant surprise. Acquired just before the start of the season from Manama for Damien Theophanous, Harney turned in a Spring Training ERA of 1.23 and WHIP 1.09. He had to fight to hold on to his spot. He would swap his job with...
SP Leon Ludeman - Just like Xú, Ludeman was reliable most of the time. He kind of vasillated between ML and AAA at rare moments.

The #5 spot is always difficult and kind of a revolving door of sorts. We got looks at P Jaypee Estancia, P Manuel Andrés, P Alex Wood
P Ragnvard Lamm with hopes that they would click on one side of the starter/reliever line.

Bullpen

Let's start at the top with arguably the best closer in the game and some setup studs:
CL Jan Chmelyk - Lockdown. If he got a lead, well, he successfully sealed 32 games in 35 chances. I think it's the VELO (101 mph) coming from the left side that jams teams up because...
Righties P Adrian Kraft & P Cyrille Santorio offered the chance to answer both tough as jerky setup men with lefty Chmelyk looming.

The rest of the bullpen was mostly solid with some problem children...but isn't that always the case?
P Sixto Hernández - 37 G
P Manuel Andrés - 39 G
P Ragnvard Lamm - 34 G
P You-cheng Hang - 33 G
P Brett Vanderven- 17 G

The Hammers' bullpen ERA ranked 4th in BURT so it had a ton of warts but we'll see what moves GM Ben Teague this offseason. His main mark here was grabbing Edwin Harney. Deals like that will keep fans coming out to the games and lead to hardware.
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2682-3175, .457 PCT (5,857 games, 36 seasons)
11 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”