Hammer Time 2046.3- A Shock To The System

GM: Jesse Stollings

Moderator: Jess64

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Hammer Time 2046.3- A Shock To The System

Post by chicoruiz » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:15 pm

Well, 48 hours ago, things were looking pretty good...

...And now I'm sitting in my office thinking about how I just lost Mateus Rabisca for five weeks, and my closer for God knows how long. At least, I thought, it would be impossible for things to get any worse.

When who should walk into my office but Justin Sutherland, the aforementioned closer, with his left arm in a sling, which was a pretty depressing sight. Following him into the office was Miriam, my administrative assistant (she would hiss at me like a cobra if I ever used the word "secretary"). I thought her presence was odd, but whatever...

"Chico, I wanted you to be the first to know", he began. "My rotator cuff is pretty shredded, and no matter how much work I do, it's never going to be the same as it was. So I've thought about it, and meditated about it, and I've decided to call it a career."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Justin, but I've seen the medical report and I'm frankly not surprised. You always did a great job for us, and I wish you nothing but the best. Do you have any idea what you're going to do next?"

"Yes... As a matter of fact, in two weeks I'll be joining the Hafetz Haim kibbutz over on the edge of the Negev Desert. I don't know much about farming, but I feel like this is where God wants me to be right now.

"And Chico... there's one other thing you need to know. Miriam is going with me."

He reached over with his good right hand and took hers, while I experienced the feeling of a full-body Novocaine shot.

Miriam spoke: "I've already given notice to the owner, since I technically work for him. But I wanted to tell you in person, because you are not only my boss, you have been a good friend to me."

We exchanged a few more pleasantries- you'll excuse me if I don't remember much of them- and they exited my office with a promise to keep in touch. I settled back into my chair, waiting for the world to stop spinning.

...And just as I was getting my balance back, Miriam came back into the office by herself, walked around my desk, leaned over and kissed me...hard. Not a friend kiss at all. Then she took a step back and examined me.

"Chico, I do not think that you are my Person. Justin may not be my Person either, but he is a nice man, and together we are going to make a tiny part of the desert bloom, which has always been my dream. Someday, Chico, you will meet your Person, and when you do, please, you must try to be a little more assertive. We perhaps could have been something together, but I got tired of waiting for you. Life is too short, Chico...there is no time to waste on shyness. I wish you good things...only good things. Goodbye Chico."

I sat there for quite a while after she left. Another closer I could get, but where was I going to find another Miriam?
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Hammer Time 2046.3- A Shock To The System

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Craigslist?
ImageImageImageImageImage

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am

Whoa, double loss there. That's a tough day.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

allenciox
Ex-GM

Post by allenciox » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:35 am

Pretty hilarious. Thanks for brightening my day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”