Hammer Time 2046.2- Opening Day Chaos and Calm

GM: Zachary Moore-Smith

Moderator: drzachary

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Hammer Time 2046.2- Opening Day Chaos and Calm

Post by chicoruiz » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am

I'm having a new feeling for this opening day: serenity.

Not that there isn't the usual chaos surrounding the last-minute preparations for the season, but most of them fall under Chaim's supervision. The concession stand meats he ordered from a cut-rate source were a distressing shade of aquamarine when we unboxed them. The linen service did not ship nearly enough towels; players will be able to either dry themselves or cover their nether regions during postgame interviews, but not both. And the air conditioning system in the press box isn't working; you'd know how big a problem that could be if you'd ever been in an enclosed area with a warm sportswriter.

Right now I'm watching Chaim give a hasty remedial stadium geography lesson to a group of ushers who hadn't seen fit to show up for any of the training sessions. And you know what? I don't care. For the first time in three seasons, I feel happy about the product I'm putting on the field. We have a new manager who seems to know what he's doing. I've signed several legitimate free agents, including an actual shortstop. And I somehow even signed a former Pitcher of the Year winner, something ownership has been on my case to do.

I'm sure there will be some heartache along the way, and there will be days when I'm flailing like Chaim is right now, but for right now, I feel like I've done everything I can do. I'd lean back and light a cigar if they didn't make me turn the color of our new concession stand meat.

Serenity now...

Play ball!
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: Hammer Time 2046.2- Opening Day Chaos and Calm

Post by RichY » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 pm

Well I can't wish you good luck since we are both in the Burt but I will wish your guys good health instead. The team looks good.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”