Hammer Time 2044 #6- Wrapup

GM: Zachary Moore-Smith

Moderator: drzachary

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Hammer Time 2044 #6- Wrapup

Post by chicoruiz » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:09 am

It wasn’t quite worthy of champagne, but it was a nice moment. It was at least worthy of a beer or seven.

The three of us had arranged to meet in my office for a last toast to the recently completed season. Miriam and I were already there when Chaim came through the door.

“Sorry I’m late”, he said. “I was helping Leonardo Martinez clean out his locker. And I don’t know if you care, but he’s got a couple of trash bags full of towels from the trainer’s room, bars of soap, toilet paper, even light bulbs. I really don’t think he’s planning on coming back next year”.

“Guy’s making five million a year and he still pilfers supplies from us”, I grumbled. “I’ll miss the 35 homers, but it will be nice to have the extra money in the budget”.

“If you can find someone to take it who’s actually worth it”.

“All in all, not a bad first year”, I said. “We won more games than the year before, if only one more. Our farm system went from worst in the league to second best. And we have the best closer and best DH in the league, and they’re both really young.”

“Yeah, it’s nice to have a good closer. Now if we can only get guys to pitch the other eight innings”.

“Chaim, if you have some time later, come on over to my place. I have some moles in my lawn and I’d like you to drive them away by talking to them and depressing them with your bad attitude”.

“First of all, you don’t have a lawn… you live in an apartment. And second of all, we don’t have moles here. And third of all if you can’t take a little constructive realism…”

“Come on, guys, take it easy on each other”, interrupted Miriam. “We had an okay season. We made a bit of progress. The field looked great all year. And Chico wasn’t so bad, considering he came here as pretty much a tabula rasa. So let’s toast to 2044, and even better things in 2045.”

We clinked our beer bottles together and I thought… I’m gonna have to look up tabula rasa somewhere
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: Hammer Time 2044 #6- Wrapup

Post by RichY » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Damn Leonardo is cleaning that place out. He does have a high greed rating.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”