2041.2: First Week Thoughts

GM: Zachary Moore-Smith

Moderator: drzachary

lordtoffee
BBA GM

2041.2: First Week Thoughts

Post by lordtoffee » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Denny Dooley was asked about working under rookie GM Ben Heuring, and he said "Ben is someone that has a lot of passion and excitement for this league. We always talk about where we are at, and he allows me to take a micro view of what is going on day to day. I've really enjoyed working with him so far, and appreciate that he has given me enough tools to do my job without a lot of armchair managing." When asked about Dooley's comments, Heuring said "I am honored that Denny feels very comfortable about working for me. He is a manager that was a great hire by Mike Simon, and someone that gets the best out of his players every day on the field. My GM style is to be patient, yet I am always taking a look at what the needs of the team are. In particular, I am encouraged by the 3-3 start, and expect the Bancroft to be the most wide open it's been all year."

When looking at the first week, the starting pitching has followed through on Heuring's goal. What Heuring wants from the starters is to go fairly deep and give the powerful lineup enough time to do damage and hand over a lead to the bullpen. This philosophy is something that Heuring calls "Analytical Chaos", and it entails trying to combat teams that rely on sabermetrics. Heuring won't get into what exactly that entails because it is a trade secret, but rest assured that he is planning on trying out a theory that he has noticed in his years of watching Brewster games.

Speaking of pitching, the most notable "Analytical Chaos" pitcher was Astika Ramadhin. The starting pitcher threw 6 strong innings in both of his starts, and gave the team a chance to win before taking a couple of hard luck No Decisions. Astika also impressed Heuring, as Heuring stated "When looking at the starting rotation, I consider it to be part of the most important area of the diamond. I subscribe to the theory that a good team has all of the best players up the middle of the diamond, and the starting pitcher is the one that will control the game. Astika is someone I am glad to be working with. He may have not worked out over in America, but his second act has gone well here. A player like Astika is particularly important to the UMEBA, as he can still play at a high level and could earn his way back to the brighter lights of the Show."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

DugoutDesperado
Ex-GM

Re: 2041.2: First Week Thoughts

Post by DugoutDesperado » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:48 pm

lordtoffee wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:48 pm
This philosophy is something that Heuring calls "Analytical Chaos", and it entails trying to combat teams that rely on sabermetrics.
Nice article. I like the Analytical Chaos term. If I am relying on sabermetrics, I guess I need to figure out what it means … unless it is synonymous with the rock/paper/scissors theory on pitching rotation and lineup decisions - in which case I am all over it. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers”