2053-1

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

bschr682
Ex-GM

2053-1

Post by bschr682 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:09 pm

Its that time of year again. Spring training has ended and the regular season is about to start. Lets take a look at the Sharks project out for the season.

PITCHING

Fairly rough around the edges. I've spent a bit of money bringing in some vets on cheap deals. Really hoping the Jerry Borque signing works out. Couple more deals pending and a few of those would really add some firepower to the mound. Right now the strength of the staff is in the pen and in AAA. Going to try out a reliever conversion on Miguel Hernandez. He's currently capable of starting but would be 5th starter material at best. With the conversion i think he can be a value arm until the time comes to pay him. Cut bait at that point. Some very nice young arms working their way up to the bigs. Niegloslaw Woywitka and Dorian Tzannetakis look absolutely legit but they are both 21. So the plan is to supplement at the big league level with vets on short deals and then clear the deck for the rookies in the next few years. The money can then be spent on offense.

OFFENSE

Spent some cash here as soon as I took the caretaker spot. Grabbed some big names and tried to completely overhaul the defense. If Larch can stay healthy, thats a big if, I expect a ton of hits. Jim Ashford and Edward Lake bring nice bats to the outfield and good defense. Im making that a theme here. Still a few pending offers. Would really like to upgrade the first base spot and bring in some righty bats in case people go lefty heavy against Larch and company.

DEFENSE

The goal is simply to be the best defensive team in the league. This should really help out the pitching and keep us in games longer than we otherwise would be.

OVERALL

Being a caretaker can be tricky. Can't really hatch any crazy long term plans as I need to turn the team over should enough gms sign up. I guess the goal is to do the common sense things and make the team attractive to a potential new GM. Big "I'm all in" trades should be avoided but at the same time so should fire sales. Rebuilds can get screwed up real easy if there is a management change in between. Right now we sit dead last in payroll. When i first hopped aboard there were 2 things i could have done. Go hard and spend most of that money on a couple real big deals for stars. Or try to spread the money out. Free agency is so deep right now that I opted for the latter. As the season goes along i'll have the money to make any sort of changes i want. Presumably free agent prices ought to be a lot cheaper in June than in February. Lets see how it goes. Go Sharks!
GM Vancouver Mounties

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2053-1

Post by Trebro » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Very similar to my approach in London as their receiver. Get the team respectable, keep an eye on it and improve as I can but don't tie the hands of a new GM.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: 2053-1

Post by bschr682 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:37 pm

Trebro wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm
Very similar to my approach in London as their receiver. Get the team respectable, keep an eye on it and improve as I can but don't tie the hands of a new GM.
100% agree.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”