Fallen Metro Stars

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Fallen Metro Stars

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Note: I’m writing this on my phone so no links. I struggle with the links on my laptop. Sorry.

We’ve got about a month to go in the season and so far the season hasn’t gone as well as we had hoped. We’ve been stuck hanging around the .500 mark all year which has been disappointing. Add in that we presently have a +64 run differential which is leading our division this season and it makes for a frustrating and confusing season. Our predicted record is 70-58 which would be battling for the division lead, but here we are 2 games above .500.

What’s gone right:

Matthew Hewet is batting .359 and on pace for a WAR over 5. We’re loving how he’s developed.

HGH has been our best hitter at first since I took over the team. I was hoping he’d show more power (insert a Tim Taylor grunt here ), but he was on pace for 40 bombs prior to his injury.

Pitching. Has anyone else noticed that Mumbai has the best team ERA in the division? I didn’t until recently. It’s been a focus of mine to improve our performance on the mound and we’re really doing a good job this year.

What’s gone Wrong:

Bodil Sellevold has been a big disappointment this year. We were expecting him to break out and be our starter at 3rd base for the next 6 seasons but he’s struggled to a .695 OPS and lost his job until HGH went down with an injury. Sellevold did have a promising stretch of games after the demotion so fingers crossed he can rebound.

Mario Rolo was signed to hopefully be a solid starter behind the plate. Defensively he’s been that. Offensively we need more than the .679 OPS. He’s got to pick it up or he might be looking for work in the offseason.

Susila Kartosuwiryo Was acquired to hopefully be a staff anchor. Unfortunately he’s been very mediocre this year. He had a 117 ERA+ last year but he’s at 95 right now. For the cost we need more.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Fallen Metro Stars

Post by bschr682 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm

I always feared Susila would be super inconsistent which is why I made the trade for Socrates.
GM Vancouver Mounties

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:39 pm

bschr682 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm
I always feared Susila would be super inconsistent which is why I made the trade for Socrates.
Socrates was a good prospect. I was worried that the lack of power would hurt him in the long run.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Well Rolo rebounded and got his game turned around a bit and got his OPS up to .713

Sellevold continued to struggle but I think he’ll enter next season as the starting 3b again.

I was hoping for more from HGH but he’s going to hit the free agency market again. I have some ideas on how to correct the team small budget though.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 am

@DaveB , perhaps this walkthrough on linking will help you

1. write (url= in the article
2. copy the address of the players BNN page or stats+ page and paste it next to the (url=
3. add a ] and then type the players name
4. add (/url) to the end
5. and that should give you (url=https://statspl.us/brewster/reports/new ... 52594.html)Tom Castillo(/url) If you swap every () bracket with a set of [] brackets then you will get

Tom Castillo

Hope that helps? Not very easy to do on a phone but a piece of piss on a computer/tablet/laptop etc
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 am
@DaveB , perhaps this walkthrough on linking will help you

1. write (url= in the article
2. copy the address of the players BNN page or stats+ page and paste it next to the (url=
3. add a ] and then type the players name
4. add (/url) to the end
5. and that should give you (url=https://statspl.us/brewster/reports/new ... 52594.html)Tom Castillo(/url) If you swap every () bracket with a set of [] brackets then you will get

Tom Castillo

Hope that helps? Not very easy to do on a phone but a piece of piss on a computer/tablet/laptop etc
I write a lot of my stuff on the phone. Would it be possible to have the player things added to the tool bar on the posting?

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Do you have “Word” on your phone? I keep a word document with the whole roster’s links on and then when I need a link in the article I just copy & paste from that document. It’s much easier I find rather than scrambling around each time creating the link
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”