Mumbai Insider #1

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

DaveB
GB: JL Atlantic Division Director

Mumbai Insider #1

Post by DaveB » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:23 am

The Mumbai Metro Stars announced a trade on April 7th acquiring 33 year old starting pitcher Santiago Perez from Bucharest for minor leaguer Richard Walsh

With the move the Metro Stars have decided to slide Jerry Grenfell into a relief role with the team for the foreseeable future. Rumors coming out of the Metro Stars front office were that while they like the arm Grenfell has they believe that with his lack of stamina he'll put to much of a strain on the bullpen due to him wearing out after about 70 pitches. They also feel he can excel in a setup role to help solidify the back end of a ball game. They also are hoping to acquire another starting pitcher at some point during the season to continue to improve the pitching staff.
2046-47 UMEBA Champ for Mumbai Metro Stars
2050 UMEBA Champ for Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

allenciox
Ex-GM

Re: Mumbai Insider #1

Post by allenciox » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am

I wish you the best of luck with Santiago Perez. He is going to be a quality starter for you and I now fear that by the end of the year I may regret the trade if you pass by me to win the BANC pennant.

You have done a fantastic job improving the team in the short time you have been here. When I came into the league, Mumbai and Bucharest were "traditional" rivals. That might be so in the future as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”