2045 Post 8 Mumbles and Grumbles

GM: Matt Ledford

Moderator: Sharkman

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Post 8 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RichY » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:33 am

MUMBLES AND GRUMBLES The only Mumbai Metro Stars blog you need to read.
by Gustavo Pok

Playoffs? Yeah playoffs. A team with a losing record and negative run differential is in the battle for the United Cup. I have to say fellow rooters of the Mumbai Metro Stars Baseball Club, so far I am not impressed with our transaction loving/musk ox whispering GM. They are no better than last year and yeah they got some good players in the draft but so did everybody. It was a deep draft. Things were looking respectable half way through the year but the ship started taking on water in August and the team managed to bail just enough of it in September and they made it to shore. Barely. A "meh" starting rotation and punchless line up will do that. There are rumors that vets like Dan Jackson and Frank Mahaffey will view most of the series from the bench.

Nonetheless, we get to watch some playoff baseball and I for one will try to enjoy it. I am not saying the Stars don't have a chance but I set that chance at around 5-10%. The Stars are 15-30 against the Impalers this year who are well experienced in killing but maybe this is the time the bumbling teenager gets away? Yeah probably not but it won't hurt to be positive for a few days so let's light a candle to St. Dignan...

El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 2045 Post 8 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by HoosierVic » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am

Well done, Mumbai. Win that United Cup!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2045 Post 8 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:02 pm