2045 Issue 4 Mumbai Mirror

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Issue 4 Mumbai Mirror

Post by RichY » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:14 pm

A Check In With The Stars GM by Vihaan Dara Metro Stars beat writer
As the door swings open to the conference room at the offices of the Metro Stars, a red eyed Rich Young comes out with tie loosened and hair slightly mussed. Over his shoulder I see a scene that looks like the morning after a house party in the space that served as the Stars draft room. He greets me with a smile. “Hey Vihaan, sorry for the delay.” It's a been a bit hectic, as you can imagine. Please grab a seat and go ahead.”

VD: “The season is about a quarter of the way through, how do you feel about things so far?”

RY: “ Well we are hovering around that .500 mark so that's not were we want to be of course but we have made a lot of changes and the fact that we are able to keep our heads above water during that is a positive I think.”

VD: “Speaking of all those changes, some are saying it shows indecisiveness or a lack of vision. How do you answer that?”

RY: “What I am trying to do is build the foundation for future success. Some moves are part of that and this draft is also part of that. However I value every chance at the postseason so some of those moves are short term ones meant to give us the best shot at that this year. However, I don't feel completely comfortable that we are in good enough position on either of those fronts yet.”

VD:: “Speaking of the draft the dust hasn't even settled but what are your initial thoughts?”

RY: “Yeah I feel good about it. The two pitchers we got at the top, Ramsey and Liao are two guys we had rated very highly and we think they can make an impact sooner rather than later as can some of relievers we got. We lacked pitching depth in the organization and I think we went a ways to address that. We also got a couple of younger guys in Collyer and Kambala who we think have a high ceiling but will need time to develop and there won't be any rush on them because we have those more advanced guys ahead of them. It was the first draft here and it was a learning process of course but overall, I think we did well.”

VD:”Is there a guy drafted after the top two who you think could surprise?”

RY: “If I had to pick one it might be Jung-Kyoo Kim. He's a legit center fielder with pop and on top of that he's a sponge as far as learning goes and a real hard worker.”

VD:”What can fans expect the rest of the way this season?”

RY:”I think we have a group of hard playing guys and I think it's a team that will be easy to root for. We could see some younger guys up at some point too. I think we are an entertaining club and it's worth coming out to watch us play."

VD: “Sounds good. I won't keep you any longer, thanks for your time.”

RY: “No thank you. Now I really need some sleep.”
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

allenciox
Ex-GM

Re: 2045 Issue 4 Mumbai Mirror

Post by allenciox » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Very good.... looks like you did quite well in your first draft.

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:25 am

allenciox wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 pm
Very good.... looks like you did quite well in your first draft.
Thanks and I think you made a good point about drafting relievers. That's the one thing I might change if I had a redo but it's an old habit to want cheap young arms to keep costs down. It was fun though.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Love those two pitchers you got at the top of the draft! I heard both of them whistling “Sweet Home, Chicago” the other day ...

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:41 pm

HoosierVic wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:04 pm
Love those two pitchers you got at the top of the draft! I heard both of them whistling “Sweet Home, Chicago” the other day ...
:D I'll train them up for you first.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:35 am

There is not a player alive today who wishes to play in Chicago. It smells of pig droppings. Nothing but discounted rotten fruit in the clubhouses. And, mandatory tow truck shifts in AAA.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 pm

shoeless.db wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:35 am
There is not a player alive today who wishes to play in Chicago. It smells of pig droppings. Nothing but discounted rotten fruit in the clubhouses. And, mandatory tow truck shifts in AAA.
You're making me homesick.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”