2045 Post 4 Mumbles and Grumbles

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Post 4 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RichY » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:47 am

MUMBLES AND GRUMBLES

The only Mumbai Metro Stars blog you need to read.
by Gustavo Pok
Well friends things are looking a bit better lately. Ol' Gustavo got some part time work at textile factory in the receiving department. It's not much but I can use some extra cash right now. Also our beloved Stars had a nice week going 5 -2. It's only one week so you can't read too much into it but that's what we as fans do isn't it? Over react to small sample sizes. Meanwhile our peculiar GM keeps tinkering with the roster. He's signing, demoting, releasing guys like he's paid by the transaction. Instead of breaking down this weeks games, I will get you caught up on the comings and goings.

IN – SS Stephen Tremblay of the weak bat but strong character. Switch hitting slugger (hopefully) 1B Carlos Reyes. An upgrade defensively at 1B and can also play 3B. Miguel Nunez will slide into the DH slot vs. righties. Luis Bonifacio will take over duties in RF vs. righties. Not sure how his bat will play at this level but his defense is strong at all three OF positions. Ricardo Juarez will be his platoon partner vs. lefties. Waiver clam RP Kevin Graham will jump into the bullpen. Between he and Mahaffey I think the other players in the club house will be wearing headphones much of the time.

OUT – SS Matthew Hewat down to AAA. Maybe the jump form AA to the bigs wasn't the best idea. The rookie did look a bit over matched so far. DH Keiran Philby down as well. I am not sure if it is wise to pull the hook on talented youngsters that quickly but we'll see how it turns out. If it messes them up our GM will have to answer for that. It's likely both will be back at some point this season however. OF John Hickman down. OF Julio Torror down. RP Anatoli Efron down. He'll likely be the first one back up when an injury or ineffectiveness occur and the team is still high on his potential.

UPCOMING – The home stand continues and the Stars will try not to get impaled (3 vs. Bucarest) or devoured (3 vs. the Piranhas).

WHAT TO LOOK FORBancroft Player of the Week Miguel Nunez is obliterating righties so far this year (.412/.487/.941). He can't continue that pace but we'll see if he can keep it up enough to hold off a Keiran Philby call up. The pitching staff has settled in and performed well. We'll see if it continues against strong competition this week.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Return to “Sydney Sharks”