2045 Post 3 Mumbles and Grumbles

GM: Matt Ledford

Moderator: Sharkman

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Post 3 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RichY » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 am

MUMBLES AND GRUMBLES

The only Mumbai Metro Stars blog you need to read.
by Gustavo Pok

Well dear readers, the new door I had to put on Daisy, my Datsun redi-Go, cost me over 3000 rupees. The rent on my chawl is due tomorrow and I am trying to scrape up enough to hand that fetcher that the building owner sends around. Well, this is the life of a fan blogger for a UMEBA team.

My Chawl

The first week is in the books and the results were pretty mediocre. The Stars went 2-3 losing the first series to the Fightin's and splitting the first two of the series against the Champs. Maxim Makin and Ronald Eglinton both struggled in their first starts giving up 4 and 5 runs respectively in their short outings while the offense was moribund. The Stars bounced back in the next two games however with strong efforts by steady Manny Pena and newcomer Donald Harris while the hitters decided to hit with the barrels instead of the handles. Lastly they lost a close one to the Impalers to close out the week. In other mildly depressing news,"Mr. Dunn" won't be manning the keystone for 5-6 weeks due to a sprained thumb.

THE GOODManuel Nunez, the strong side platoon 1b man had 5 hits including 2 HR's

THE BAD – Slugger Frank Mahaffey had only 3 singles in 5 games.

THE UGLYClulow, Makin, and Eglinton would have made a better law firm this week than a starting staff. All stumbling in the 4th inning in ineffective starts.

UPCOMING – The rubber game at Bucarest, then 3 at Tripoli (sounds like a WW II song) and finally the home opening series with 3 against the Centaurs.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR – If the starting staff can't keep these guys in the game for at least 5 or 6 innings it's gonna be a long year. The offense should be OK but we probably aren't going to win a lot of shootouts.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Return to “Sydney Sharks”