2045 Post 2 Mumbles and Grumbles

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Post 2 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RichY » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:49 am

MUMBLES AND GRUMBLES

The only Mumbai Metro Stars blog you need to read.
by Gustavo Pok

Well friends here we are. I awaken from a Rip Van Winkle like off season slumber due to the series of lack luster moves the Stars made and also due to the fact that I eat melatonin gummies like candy. But opening day is here and I will try and sort reality from the hypnagogic hallucinations and breakdown this years squad.

At the front of the rotation talented Ronald Eglinton will show what he can do in his first full season in the majors. Eglinton's running partner Gennady Zachinsky will be sorely missed though. The Stars will hope the glue will hold on competent veterans Manual Pena and Maxim Makin and they get at least 120 innings from each. The BBA struggle bus made a stop in Mumbai this off season and off stepped stiff limbed, yawning hurlers Donald Harris and Stephen Clulow. Both had undistinguished BBA careers but it is hoped they can keep a steady foot on the bottom rungs of the rotation. There isn't much financial risk involved at least as both are on modest one year deals.

There is some reason for optimism concerning the pen this year. It will be led by the glorious Knox Sked. He hasn't even celebrated his nineteenth birthday yet but big things are expected from uber talented youngster. BBA free agent Vincente Ventura and veteran Julio Silva will play prominent roles in the pen this year. We will also get a look at youngsters Anatolii Efron(let's hope the extra "I" doesn't stand for injury or ineffectiveness), Jerry Grenfell and Damon Odgers. They won't be asked to do too much but if successful they can really elevate this unit.

In the field Sancho Castillo and ornery Frank Mahaffey will have to be good again for the Stars and they should be. The Stars feel good with Dan Clapper donning the gear for most of the starts at catcher. Dan Jackson and Baden Goulding should be capable. After that there's some mystery with some youngsters and well traveled veterans filling in. I am interested to see what Kieran Philby can do as he is set to get most of the DH at bats against righties. Jose Olivarez will be his platoon partner there and it should be a productive duo. Matthew Hewat will make his debut at short but a learning curve is to be expected there.

As dull as the off season was except for the hiring of itinerant wierdo Rich Young as GM, this is opening day and as such I will try to be optimistic. If I squint my eyes I can see a competitive team here. Not much ground if any was made up on Bucarest though and they will hope to be in the wild card hunt. If the starting pitchers aren't relatively healthy and effective and the fill in veterans aren't at least OK? Back to the gummies it is.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Re: 2045 Post 2 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by tylertoo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:04 am

Mumbai was solidly in second in the Bancroft all season until tailing off at the end, but now with new leadership I wouldn't expect that to happen. We will have three solid teams battling for the wildcard, as I don't see anyone touching Bucharest.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: 2045 Post 2 Mumbles and Grumbles

Post by RichY » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:21 am

tylertoo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:04 am
Mumbai was solidly in second in the Bancroft all season until tailing off at the end, but now with new leadership I wouldn't expect that to happen. We will have three solid teams battling for the wildcard, as I don't see anyone touching Bucharest.
I agree, it should be fun.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”