2045 Issue 3 Mumbai Mirror

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

RichY
Ex-GM

2045 Issue 3 Mumbai Mirror

Post by RichY » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:17 am

Stars Hire Mental Skills Coach by Vihaan Dara Metro Stars beat writer
The Stars have an extra non-roster invitee to camp this spring. His name is Bartleby Snooker, author of the self help book All Hurdles Are Ladders. Bartleby tells the story of how he met Stars GM Rich Young. I was enjoying a chai in the food court of the Raghuleela Mega Mall when I noticed this guy reading my book.” Snooker, who came to India about three years ago to study with a local guru continued. “I walked up to him and struck up a conversation. We chatted for a couple of hours on a variety of topics. Long story short I was hired as the Stars mental skills coach few day later.”

Of the hiring Young says “In a league with a salary cap you have to look to improve the team around the edges.” “I am especially concerned with our left handed hitters. Our park is pretty tough on lefties and it can make a player alter his swing and get outside of what he normally does.” Young added “I am benefiting from him too. I realized my hesitancy to try new things might stem from my childhood experience when I fell of off my skateboard and choked on a chewy Spree.”

Thus far the reactions from the players have been mixed. Youngster Kiernan Filby said “I kinda like what he is saying. Like the wall in right field doesn't really exist. It's only a conjuration of our mind. I am trying some of the visualization and meditation techniques he has taught us. The organization wants me to learn first base this year and I have heard it's incredibly hard. I hope these techniques help”. Others are more skeptical like Frank Mahaffey. The veteran left fielder said “I don't know what he's going on about. It's pink elephant talk if you ask me. I get up every day, get to the park, do 75 squat thrusts, take some BP and when the game starts I just wait for my pitch, drop the head and hit a dong”. He added after a spit of tobacco “Why complicate it?” Second baseman Dan Jackson has mixed feelings about the initiative. “I kinda get what he's saying, but I don't know. Like the title of his book, shouldn't we jump over hurdles instead of climbing them? Kinda doesn't make sense. When I asked him about it he just smiled and walked away.”
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: 2045 Issue 3 Mumbai Mirror

Post by shoeless.db » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 am

I have it from a reliable source that Snooker previously went by the name, Jorge Bazone', creator of the six step self-help program, "The Sounds of One Ear Hearing".
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Post by chicoruiz » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 pm

The idea that the outfield fence doesn't really exist may be what put an early end to the MLB career of Pete Reiser...:)
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:39 am

chicoruiz wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 pm
The idea that the outfield fence doesn't really exist may be what put an early end to the MLB career of Pete Reiser...:)
:D I knew the name but had to look him up. Interesting career too.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:50 am

shoeless.db wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 am
I have it from a reliable source that Snooker previously went by the name, Jorge Bazone', creator of the six step self-help program, "The Sounds of One Ear Hearing".
:lies: :D
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”