A Mumbai Moment 2044/1 These guys are pretty good....

GM: Matt Ledford

Moderator: Sharkman

nerfHerder
Ex-GM

A Mumbai Moment 2044/1 These guys are pretty good....

Post by nerfHerder » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:52 pm

It's been awhile friends. I think I'm finally turning the corner at work and getting back to "normal".

These MetroStars are pretty good. They say by the start of June you get a pretty good idea of what you are as a team. I don't know who "they" is, but it's pretty safe to say if I've heard it before, it must be somewhat accurate, living the sheltered life I live. In the offseason, several moves were made to beef up the squad. Some have worked, some haven't. I though it might be fun to look at it a little closer.

Working.....

3B Sancho Castillo

Sancho was a late pickup to fill a hole at the hot corner. Boy has he done that. Currrently he's leading the UMEBA in batting average at .397 through 199 AB. His Defense has been pretty darn good as well. Makes his price all that more tolerable.

Not Working....

RP Imad bin Ibrahim

Let's face it, Imad was just a waiver pick up. Still, he should be better than most of the current bullpen. Yet he just hasn't been able to put it together. an ERA hovering around six as a reliever just won't do. Chalk one up on the doesn't work side.

Working....

C Dan Clapper

Mumbai's top pick from the UMEBA contraction draft, Clapper wasn't a flashy pick, but more of a need. He has been as expected. Hitting .272 with 7HR and 20RBI is just icing on the cake. It's what he's done with the pitching staff that has the team feeling good. He's not great at throwing out would be base stealers, but he calls a great game. Framing pitches is also a specialty. Pitchers are happy, and we know when that happens, the team is rolling.

Not Working....

RP Barry Ronan

Ronan was another guy looked at as a key cog in the bullpen. Another contraction draft acquisition, he just hasn't gotten it done. His ERA sits in the 6.50 range. The silver lining is that his FIP is in the low 5's and dropping. Maybe there is hope for "Patches".

Obviously these are just a few examples. As you can see though this squad could maybe do some damage as the season wears on. Old Man Bieschke in that GM's office would love to win a title considering it's been 18 years since he has. What a way to go out, no?
Mike Bieschke
GM, Mumbai Metro Stars (2042-2044)

BBA GM, Hawaii Tropics (2014-2037, 2038-2041)(Landis Cup Champions 2025)
UMEBA GM, Baghdad Kings (2037-2038)
BBA GM, Phoenix Talons (2003-2013)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: A Mumbai Moment 2044/1 These guys are pretty good....

Post by Dington » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Love to see the updates on the Kuwait City players.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: A Mumbai Moment 2044/1 These guys are pretty good....

Post by jleddy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Glad Castillo worked out for somebody...
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”