The Mumbaikar Vol 2 Ep 4 - Scandal? Manager Fired!

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

The Mumbaikar Vol 2 Ep 4 - Scandal? Manager Fired!

Post by FuzzyRawley » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Big news out of India today. After a dismal 2-8 run in the last 10 games and a wholesale underperforming by the entire team, the Metro Stars have sacked Manager Barry Summers! While the official reason is the disappointing 39-43 record at the season halfway mark, rumour has it that there is a more scandalous reason for the firing.

Internet forums for the Metro Stars were ripe with speculation about the real reason Summers was let go. The biggest rumour and the one that seems to be gaining the most traction, is that Summers was spotted eating a 12 oz, blue rare, rib eye steak on his appartment balcony. Neighbours report smelling a barbeque and witnessing the Metro Stars manager savouring every bite. Needless to say, this did not go over well with the Metro Stars owners and majority of the population in this predominantly Hindu country where cows are sacred.

Pressed about the rumours at the weekly press conference, GM Geoff Webb stated "I won't be speaking anymore about Summers's dismissal. Needless to say, we take any rumours of eating tasty bovine products seriously. I just hope that if its true, Summers had enough sense to pair it with a nice Malbec as opposed to flavourless Coors Light he was known to favour."

Mumbai has not announced a replacement for Summers at this time.

In other news, GM Geoff Webb's patience with the entire team has come to a swift end. Relievers Sang-Mok O and Tim Oliver were optioned to AAA Lagos to try and find some semblance of consistency. O failed to find his groove after returning from injury posting a horrific ERA over 9 and a WAR in negative territory. Oliver, who the Metro Stars had hoped would solve their lefty RP issues from last season, struggled mightily with an 8.41 ERA and has also posted a WAR in negative territory.

The Metro Stars picked up Jose Rodriguez from the waiver wire from Manama. Jose has faced one batter since arriving in Mumbai and has not let in a run. This is an improvement for the Metro Stars already.

Looking forward, expect the Metro Stars to be sellers at the trade deadline. An infusion of fresh, young talent is the direction the club is looking to go.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Mumbaikar Vol 2 Ep 4 - Scandal? Manager Fired!

Post by RonCo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:39 pm

He might have gotten away with it if it went for the A1 stains on his shirt.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 am

I for one won't be buying any old bones you're selling lol, I've got enough of my own. You might tempt one of the top two in each division to buy if you're selling a real difference maker but the trade market in UMEBA is really hard. Everyone's looking to get younger and with most players either being an end of season rental or a one year deal at best it's hard to get anyone to pony up their young prospects for that.
There just isn't enough teams at the moment in that climate to make a decent market, maybe UMEBA expansion will help broaden the market in future?
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Just catching up on some good ole' fashion UMEBA reading. Always great to see Mumbai news... sorry I'm about a month late on the reply... Good work.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Good grief. How did I miss this? Scandal in my old stomping grounds! Of course, the real scandal is the Coors Lite ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”