Baseball Mumbai: Disappearing Stars 2039.5

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Baseball Mumbai: Disappearing Stars 2039.5

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:40 pm

SAI: Welcome, Stargazers, to another edition of Baseball Mumbai. I'm your host, Sai "Young" Ahuji, and with me, as always, is Aarav "the Umeba" Patil.

AARAV: We're in Metro Stars Hell, Sai.

SAI: Excuse me?

AARAV: The idiot traded away, arguably, our best player.

SAI: Well, that wasn't the transition into things we'd planned, but, I guess, let's just get right into today's big story -- League officials confirm new Mumbai GM, Shoeless, sent catcher, Jose Romero, and his monster bat to Istanbul for -- what this television program views -- a bag of packing peanuts and a used toaster.

AARAV: Geez, couldn't he negotiate to get a bucket of used baseballs out of the deal, too?

SAI: I guess not. Instead, Shoeless gave away the keys to a UMEBA championship for a guy named, Lou "Fetch" Griffin, and some cash. We have cash in Mumbai already. Let's just jump to our top unpaid intern, Wasim Jeffers Jr., who is standing by with GM Shoeless. Wasim?

---

WASIM:
Thank you, Sai. Shoeless ... holy god ... what were you thinking?

SHOELESS: Listen. I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks. I have zero ties to these guys. Zero. Sure, Romero can hit, but that's absolutely where his value ends. I did my damn homework. That guy is not only a terrible clubhouse presence, but he takes plays off behind the plate. He also calls a horrible game. We're in an offensive league, and that moron keeps calling for cheese served on a silver platter right down the heart of the plate. He also admits to never reading scouting reports. Instead, he told me he relies on "feelings". Feelings? This is baseball! There are no feelings. Baseball only has room for working hard, studying hard, and praying to the damned baseball gods. I can tell you this -- the baseball gods hate that guy for how he plays. They told me.

WASIM: You talk to baseball gods?

SHOELESS: You're damn right I do.

WASIM: Ok, then why did the baseball gods need so little in return?

SHOELESS: Little? I would have given Romero away for a bucket of three-day-old fried chicken. Instead, we bring in a guy, Griffin, who is someone I'd be proud to write his name down on the lineup card at catcher. He's a gamer. You'll see. Oh, and we also got $1.75 million in cash money, American. We'll be fine.

WASIM: There you have it, Stargazers. It came straight from this insane man's mouth. Back to you, Sai.

---

SAI: Thank you, Wasim. Aarav, thoughts?

AARAV: That guy is a lunatic.

SAI: Well, I can't disagree. For Baseball Mumbai, this has been Sai and Aarav. We'll, hopefully, still see you at the ballpark.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Baseball Mumbai: Disappearing Stars 2039.5

Post by bschr682 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Lol. I love it
GM Vancouver Mounties

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Baseball Mumbai: Disappearing Stars 2039.5

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 pm

You might need to get Aarav a Xanax or two ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”