Press Trust of India Report

Mumbai Metro Stars roundup of
June 29-July 1 series at the Beirut Cedars

Mumbai at Beirut, 2038-06-29
Score: Mumbai 7, Beirut 3
WP: Mike Manning PQS: 0
LP: Felipe Jiménez PQS: 2
SV: Rafael Cruz PQR: 5*

Highlights: Although Mumbai spotted Beirut a 2-run lead in the 1st inning, the Metro Stars came storming back to take Tuesday night’s game 7-3. The Mumbai offense was keyed by catcher Santiago López, who went 3-4 with a home run and a double, and second baseman Gilbert Hansen, who went 3-5 with 3 RBIs.

Player of the Game: Santiago López
Cliché of the Game: “I’m just looking for a good pitch that I can hit well and not try to do too much,” said Gilbert Hansen.

Mumbai at Beirut, 2038-06-30
Score: Beirut 6, Mumbai 4
WP: Alejandro Encarnación PQR: 3
LP: Armando Figueroa PQS: 2
SV: Corbin Torres PQR: 4

Highlights: The Beirut Cedars came back late to take game 2 of their 3-game series with Mumbai, scoring twice in the bottom of the 7th inning to take the lead. The teams entered the 7th tied at 4, but Beirut loaded the bases. Reliever Lyndon Rosebotham then yielded a two-run single to DH José González, which proved to be the winning runs.

Player of the Game: Robbie Hart, Mumbai third baseman who went 2-4 with a homer and 2 RBIs.
Cliché of the Game: “Nice to see our side come away with the win,” said José González.

Mumbai at Beirut, 2038-07-01
Score: Beirut 4, Mumbai 0
WP: R.J. Hughes PQR: 5
LP: Tim Oliver PQS: 3

Highlights: Cedars starter R.J. Hughes threw a complete game shutout against Mumbai Thursday evening, allowing 6 hits and 1 walk en route to a 4-0 victory. First baseman Rick Lindsey led the offense, going 4 for 4 with a double, home run, and 2 RBIs.
Player of the Game: R.J. Hughes
Cliché of the Game: Asked about the baserunners he allowed, R.J. Hughes responded with a laugh: “Six hits? Listen, I’d be happy with a 30-hitter as long as it was a shutout.”

Return to “Sydney Sharks”