Mumbai Memos: 38.017: GM Voice Memo 5: "Guess We Showed You, Aubrey Anderson!"

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Mumbai Memos: 38.017: GM Voice Memo 5: "Guess We Showed You, Aubrey Anderson!"

Post by HoosierVic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 am

[Begin recording]

OK now, let’s take a look at the overnight emails here. Oh look, something from Aubrey “bleeping” Anderson. Probably crawling back wanting us to reinstate our offer … well too late, Aubrey “bleeping” Anderson. We don’t reward snotty emails around here, buddy.

Let’s see now, hmmmm, oh … he says he signed with Cairo. Well, son of a buck … no way they offered him what we did … Wow, wow, wow. Looks like they gave him two years at $5.6 million per … well, huh.
Hope you like sand and falafels, buddy, ‘cause that’s pretty much what they’ve got in Cairo.

Well, hell. That’s put a crimp in my normally sunny disposition. Where'd I put that scotch? I thought I had it in the bottom drawer here ...

OK. Well, let's see what else the email brought in ... Mmmm ... OK. Well, at least we signed some of the guys we targeted.

Hey, one good thing here - we got Kane Dunham signed to a minor league contract – we have him graded out at 65 with a potential 75 on the UMEBA relative scale. I know, I know … some folks think we should only use the BBA scale, but you know what? Last time I looked we don’t play in the BBA. I wanna know how guys stack up against our competition, not over in La La Land Yellow Springs, or wherever.

I’m thinking we might bring him up to Mumbai sooner rather than later, and slide him into the rotation in place of Tanabe. I just think Takeshi could use a little more seasoning down at AAA. Well, we’ll see.

We got some other guys signed, too – they’ll all be upgrades for our minors, for now.

So that’s good.

Still, Aubrey Freakin’ Anderson.

I don’t like to wish anybody ill, but I’d be a happy man if a camel stepped on your foot, Aubrey.

Sigh.

Well, back to work.

[End recording]

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: Mumbai Memos: 38.017: GM Voice Memo 5: "Guess We Showed You, Aubrey Anderson!"

Post by Spiccoli » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

Dude, your TN's have been epic... love it.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Mumbai Memos: 38.017: GM Voice Memo 5: "Guess We Showed You, Aubrey Anderson!"

Post by RonCo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Someone should throw me or if the league and give the Nine to Vic.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

niles08
BBA GM

Post by niles08 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 am

This is good stuff and made me chuckle. I wish a BBA team had just claimed him however so I wasn't having to pay his salary while he earned that in the UMEBA.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”