Press Trust of India Report

Mumbai Metro Stars roundup of May 14-16
series at the Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers

Mumbai at Jerusalem, 2038-05-14
Score: Mumbai 14, Jerusalem 6
WP: Denilde Trovisquiera
LP: Dean Oulton
SV: Santiago Martínez

The Metro Stars rolled over the Hebrew Hammers in Friday’s series open at the Holy Land ballpark, led by the bat of third baseman Robbie Hart. Mumbai actually trailed 4-3 after five innings, but added three runs in the top of the 6th and exploded for six more in the 7th. Hart was a catalyst in both frames, smacking a 2-run homer to right center in the 6th, then singling to load the bases in the 7th and eventually scoring on a double by right fielder António Ortíz.

Player of the Game: Robbie Hart
Cliché of the Game: “Feels good to get the job done,” said Hart.

Mumbai at Jerusalem, 2038-05-15
Score: Mumbai 9, Jerusalem 5
WP: Tullio Brunelleschi
LP: Ramón Suárez
SV: Rafael Cruz

Mumbai took an early 5-0 lead in Saturday’s game against Jerusalem, but allowed the Hebrew Hammers to climb back into the game as the home team scored 4 runs in the 8th. In the top of the 9th, though, the Metro Stars put two men aboard against reliever Ralph Fowler before center fielder Michael MacCrain cleaned things up with a towering home run to right center. Although Jerusalem would score again in the bottom of the frame against reliever Lyndon Rosebotham, closer Rafael Cruz came in to get the final out and secure the win. Catcher José Romero was a key contributor, as well, with two home runs, a walk and three runs scored.

Player of the Game: José Romero
Cliché of the Game: “José is still learning. The sky’s the limit for him,” said Mumbai Manager Mark Bruner.

Mumbai at Jerusalem, 2038-05-16
Score: Jerusalem 6, Mumbai 3
WP: José Olvera
LP: Salvador Gonzáles
SV: Ralph Fowler
Jerusalem salvaged the final game of the series by coming from behind to beat Mumbai 6-3. The Metro Stars went into the 6th inning with a 3-1 lead, but gave up five runs in the bottom half to let victory slip away. The big blow for Jerusalem in the inning was a 347-foot 3-run homer to right field by shortstop Baltasar Frontiero. The loss wasted a 3-3 performance (all three hits were doubles) by Mumbai catcher José Romero.

Player of the Game: José Romero.
Cliché of the Game: “I’m just looking for a good pitch that I can hit well, and not try to do too much,” said Baltasar Frontiero.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Mumbai Memos: 38.010: Jerusalem Series Recap

Post by bschr682 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:58 am

you have beaten me like a drum this season.
GM Vancouver Mounties

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Mumbai Memos: 38.010: Jerusalem Series Recap

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 am

I'm not entirely sure how, either. I need to sit down and analyze the team a bit to see what changed between this season and last. I looked back to see how the Stars did in 2037 and they, um, sucked.

Hart, Green and Romero are playing out their minds at this point, and the pitching has been just good enough.

So, who knows?

Maybe they're just channeling the power of their cliches ...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”