Press Trust of India Report

Roundup of May 6-9 series,
Mumbai Metro Stars vs. Beirut Cedars

Beirut vs. Mumbai, 2038-05-06
Score: Mumbai 9, Beirut 2
WP: León González
LP: Norberto Liñares
SV: Sancho Ramírez

The Metro Stars jumped on top 2-0 in the bottom of the third when they loaded the bases on a single, hit batsman, and error. Shortstop Garrett Barnett hit an 0-1 fastball for a single into left, bringing two runners home. Mumbai added two more in the 4th, one in the 5th, and then exploded for four more runs against Beirut in the 8th. The big blow there was a three-run homer into the right-field stands by DH Wilbur Green.

Player of the Game: Wilbur Green, 3 for 5, 1 HR, 1 2B, 4 RBIs.
Cliche of the Game: “I felt we were ready to go. Our pregame was pretty good,” said Mumbai Manager Mark Bruner.

Beirut vs. Mumbai, 2038-05-07
Score: Mumbai 4, Beirut 3
WP: Santiago Martínez
LP: R.J. Hughes

Mumbai won a squeaker in the bottom of the 9th inning on a walk-off single by center fielder Michael MacCrain. The teams entered the 9th tied 3-3 when Cedars starter R.J. Hughes gave up a leadoff double down the left field line to first baseman Arthur Curry. Beirut Manager Pete Withers bypassed struggling closer Corbin Torres (7.26 ERA) in favor of setup man Craig Boteler, who retired the first two batters he faced. But then a walk to shortstop Garrett Barnett and a single to left by MacCrain sealed the deal.

Player of the Game: Mumbai SP Takeshi Tanabe, 7.1 IP, 5 hits, 3 R, 1 ER, 6 K’s.
Cliche of the Game: “We’ll relax tonight and get back after it tomorrow,” said Michael MacCrain.

Beirut vs. Mumbai, 2038-05-08
Score: Mumbai 6, Beirut 2
WP: Denilde Trovisquiera
LP: Júlio Madrigal

Mumbai fell behind 2-0 early, but came roaring back with three runs in the bottom of the 2nd and never looked back. The Metro Stars hit three doubles and a single in that half inning off Beirut starter Júlio Madrigal to account for the scoring. Mumbai added another three runs in the bottom of the 3rd, keyed by a solo homer from catcher José Romero, a double from DH Arthur Curry, and a triple from left fielder Alfredo González.

Player of the Game: Denilde Trovisquiera, 5.2 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 W, 6 K’s.
Cliche of the Game: “It’s nice to come out on top today,” Robbie Hart, Mumbai third baseman.

Beirut vs. Mumbai, 2038-05-09
Score: Beirut 6, Mumbai 2
WP: Logan Olivas
LP: Mike Manning

The Beirut Cedars rode timely power hitting to a 6-2 win over Mike Manning and the Mumbai Metro Stars. The teams were tied 1-1 going into the top of 3rd, when Beirut shortstop António Soto doubled and then was tripled home by first baseman Rick Lindsey. A deep fly to left by catcher Alberto Padilla brought Lindsey home to close out the scoring. Beirut added three more runs in the top of the 6th, keyed by a towering solo homer to right from Padilla.

Player of the Game: Logan Olivas, 7 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 6 K’s, 1 W.
Cliche of the Game: “We’ll relax tonight and enjoy this win,” said Logan Olivas.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Mumbai Memos: 38.004: Beirut Series Recap

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:18 am

Cliche of the game...heh
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 am

RonCo wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:18 am
Cliche of the game...heh
I both love and hate these in real life. I love it when a player or coach basically knows they're handing you a line, because how many different things can you say after a game. I hate it when people say this crap and are serious (probably a lot less common, unless you had to listen to a dope like Mike Matheney every day.). There was a good hockey feature earlier this year where they asked guys about the junk they said over and over and half of them couldn't keep a straight face.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:31 am

I loathe them in real life, but the OOTP quotes in the boxscores just crack me up.

Although, I must say I got a fresh perspective on cliches and their uses from Bull Durham - you wonder how many players take their cue from that movie.

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm extremely jealous of the Michael MacCrain signing. Not only is he one of my old first round picks, but he should be an all star level UMEBA player and is just 23. Take good care of Mikey Mac. :cry:
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”