56.03 London's Player of the Week

GM: Kevin Spencer

Moderator: handaspencer

pandan
Ex-GM

56.03 London's Player of the Week

Post by pandan » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:11 pm

14 games into the season, London sits at a lukewarm 8-6. A +13 run differential is a good stamp of "not bad" as the Monarchs sit awkwardly in the middle of the standings in the nascent season.

However, the young season has already netted London a player of the week accolade. RF Faical 'El Guapo' Engeitado, the 35 year old right fielder, takes home the honors. Engeitado last won the GBC player of the week on April 28th 2053 while with Cairo.

Faical shared that outside of his interest in country music, he enjoys the tunes of his fellow countryman, Seu Jorge.

Faical's line this week: 29 PAs, 13 hits, 1 HR, 4 RBIs, good for a .520/.586/.800. Buoyed by a .600 BABIP, Faical had a good week, but he's not the type of player to let it go to his head. Faical knows the fragility of employment in this sport, having spent close to 5 years without a job.

"It was a difficult time," the right-fielder shared when asked about his time away from the game. "I'm fortunate to be here and look forward to delivering for the Monarchs. I can't let one good week get to my head. Next week could be my last."

On the young season, the righty is slashing .357/400/.482 over 60 PAs.

"Regression is inevitable, and it's important to stay grounded." He paused.

"But I can at least try to enjoy the ride."

Return to “London Monarchs”