52.09 Monarch McMusings 4: #$%#$%#$#%#

GM: Kevin Spencer

Moderator: handaspencer

Trebro
BBA GM

52.09 Monarch McMusings 4: #$%#$%#$#%#

Post by Trebro » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:52 am

Notes from GM's Desk:

I don't even know where to begin. I cannot believe this crap. I've tried everything.

When I got the notice the players were rejected from joining the team, I thought it was a joke. A prank. A way to get one over on the new guy.

Nope. After I stormed all over the office, asking who put the gag together, I had to face the facts. Someone was dead serious in saying we didn't have a team in London after all.

So I made some calls. First to immigration. I was on hold so long I think I actually sat at the pub for two consecutive happy hours. When they told me there was no London Monarchs, not in their files, anyway, I offered to show them proof.

"What do you need? Pictures? News reports? Box seats?" I asked.

"We don't take bribes, sir."

"I mean so you could see the team exists, you nitwit!"

"I'm afraid we'd need proof from the League. Can you get that?"

"Damn right I can," I said, hanging up.

So I went running down to our records department. Which is apparently in an old house with a creaking gate, a cemetery outside, a large number of antique books, absolutely no housekeeping and a really creepy basement you can't get to without this winding staircase. Strange thing for the team to own. Worst, they put some who looks half-dead in charge down there, screaming ghoulish puns at me as I passed.

"Need a hand?" He asked, offering a fake one to me while laughing. I shook my head. "This kind of work makes you bored stiff!" More laughter. I kept going. "Doing your creepsearch?" Need a dead-a-base? HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaa….." The man just wouldn't shut up. Geeze.

I eventually got to what I wanted, which was fortunately far far away from him. That was where the team keeps its ownership documents, apparently. Who knew? I pulled out the scroll, which again, a little strange, but hey, they pay me, and low and behold, I see that while the name of the team had changed, and even the location had altered (so far so good). But it seems that the name of the place where the team actually played its games was still "Ballpark of Beruit." Well, damn it. That stupid geek who rejected the applications was right. A simple mistake, and yes, obviously wrong, but still, technically the team's playing location wasn't on the converted football pitch. It was over a thousand miles away!

How could anyone have missed that? Who knows? I knew had to get it corrected, but that would require more time, and it was too late for saving the players I'd wanted. I'd have to get the League on the phone and do what I could to correct the mistake. In the meantime, I can only hope that immigration didn't block any of my planned player promotions. It was time to look to Victoria to see who might be useful to the main team. But first, I had to let my emotions out.

On the To-Do List:

• Cry.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

RT60
BBA GM

Re: 52.09 Monarch McMusings 4: #$%#$%#$#%#

Post by RT60 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:32 am

best TN title!

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 52.09 Monarch McMusings 4: #$%#$%#$#%#

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:03 am

Beirut was a helluva baseball player in the MLB.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “London Monarchs”