A New Era in Beirut Baseball has begun

GM: Kevin Spencer

Moderator: handaspencer

BrianH
Ex-GM

A New Era in Beirut Baseball has begun

Post by BrianH » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:06 pm

The announce came down quick from the league office and hours later we were able to confirm that Beirut has indeed hired a new GM to man the Ship. 42 yr old California Native Brian Hughes will be taking over the reins. Most in the UMEBA, and BBA world know very little about this man, but I was lucky enough to catch up with Brian Hughes at the Beirut facility just moments after the BBA broke this story. He was gracious enough to sit down with me and answer a few questions.

Eric Tangler (reporter) Hello Mr. Hughes most of us that cover the BBA, and UMEBA have never heard of you and are curious about how you land this job?

Me: Thank you Eric for the opportunity to address these questions that you and the fanbase may have. My background is primarily scouting. I have spent the better part of 10 plus seasons scouting and managing the draft. Over the course of the last few years I have held the GM role for the Seattle Sharks, in the PBA, The Phoenix Gladiators in the ABA, and final the Miami Storm in the BBL. Although all these leagues, and opportunities were great, when the offer to come to the BBA and more specifically the UMEBA as the Beruit GM became an option, it was an easy choice. I have dreamed of being a GM in this storied league for years. Bottom line this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Eric Tangler (reporter) So what can the fans expect from you and Beirut this season?

Me: I'm a no nonsense kind of GM. I believe in dealing in truths. I've been lucky to have been in contact with former Beirut GM Neil, who has left this team in pretty good shape. I believe we should compete for a title and the expectation is that everyone in the organization will work as hard as possible to achieve the organizations goal.

Eric Tangler (reporter) So you mentioned you are a former GM of three different team. Did those teams have success under your watch?

Me: Eric all three organization were left in much better shape than when I arrived. I made the playoffs with both the Gladiators, and The Storm, and all three clubs now have top 5 farm systems. The nfuture is bright for all three organizations.

Eric Tangler (reporter) Last question, What is the first major thing you plan to do now that you are the Beirut Ceders GM?

Me: Well honestly I plan later this afternoon to sit down with both pro/amateur player personnel departments so I can get a better understanding of the organization and how we feel about the upcoming amateur draft.

Thanks Brian Hughes look forward to talking again soon!!

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: A New Era in Beirut Baseball has begun

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:53 am

Nice start. Welcome to our collection of misfit baseball nerds.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

RichY
Ex-GM

Post by RichY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Welcome again and best of luck!
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

BrianH
Ex-GM

Post by BrianH » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm