Dugout Dirt 2041.7 - Week 2 Summary

GM: Kevin Spencer

Moderator: handaspencer

DugoutDesperado
Ex-GM

Dugout Dirt 2041.7 - Week 2 Summary

Post by DugoutDesperado » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Week 2 of the Cedar season proved eventful for the Cedar faithful with a three game sweep against visiting Bucharest and picking up one of three games at Mumbai. The highlight win of the week was against Mumbai with RF Carlos Torres stroking a 2 run double to spark a 3 -run 9th inning in the 11 to 9 win.

This gives the Cedars a share of the Bancroft lead early in the season at 7-5 with Mumbai with Bucharest one game behind at 6-6 and Jerusalem with a slow start out of the gates at 4-8.

The players providing significant contributions during Week 2 were:

CL Corbin Torres – Corbin recorded 3 saves in 3 appearances while allowing no runs and one hit in 3 innings.
RP Jose Carrillo – Jose did not allow any runs in 5.1 innings over three relief appearances while scattering 4 hits and allowing one walk.
CF Maximo Quezada – Belted another 2 homers and drove in 7 more runs while raising his average to .283.
LF Pierre Cordona – Raised his team leading average to .457 by getting 6 hits in 11 AB’s.
3B Antonio Baca – Went 6 for 16 with a homer.

Next week will have a significant impact as the Cedars have back to back home series. Six games at home seems pretty appealing for this squad, however the two visiting teams are Jerusalem and Bucharest whom both made the playoffs last year. The projected starter for the Beirut wlll be Henning Veenman (1-1, 7.00 ERA) who gained the win in his last outing which was against Bucharest.

Off the field, the Cedars lost reliever Pablo Morales to Bucharest and gained Tony Carabello from Cairo via the waiver wire. Carabello has been placed on the active roster and is expected to start one game next week.

allenciox
Ex-GM

Re: Dugout Dirt 2041.7 - Week 2 Summary

Post by allenciox » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:19 am

I gave my team a talking-to after being swept in that series. They are better than that, they just need to develop confidence... there is a certain swagger that they haven't yet incorporated into their walk this season.

Oh, but they will...

Good trade --- Morales for Carabello. He looks like he could do well for you.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:48 am

Yes, Caraballo is still serviceable and I think he’s still got a winning season in him, but I just think now is the time that Cairo should be working to reduce the age of the roster
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

DugoutDesperado
Ex-GM

Post by DugoutDesperado » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:12 am

I am hoping that Tony Caraballo gives me 2 or 3 more wins from the #5 slot than Manny Lopez. Caraballo has a better movement rating but Lopez has a better control rating so I am not sure how that will play out.

If the works out, I still feel Beirut has about another 3 games to make up to get to the post season so look for another move at some point from the Cedar camp barring injury or major developments.

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Baca looks good in Cedars' green...he should be one of the better all-around players in the league this season. Boise wishes him well!
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “London Monarchs”