Owner Ryan Bond Has His Say (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 3, 2042 Season)

Contracted after 2043 season
johnd2442
Ex-GM

Owner Ryan Bond Has His Say (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 3, 2042 Season)

Post by johnd2442 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Owner Ryan Bond Has His Say
Cairo Chronicles, Issue 3, 2042 Season

After reading some fun team press releases, particularly in the UMEBA in fact, I’m going to try to change my writing style to a less formal, more narrative based feel. This might take some work though.

“What do you mean, ‘no one cares about our press releases’? I love reading about our team!” The stormy and full of bluster Cairo Chariot Archers owner Ryan Bond shouted this while reacting to a brief group email that the Cairo assistant general manager Jim Pickett sent about what the team should communicate in its press releases.

The three men: Bond, Pickett and myself, the team’s general manager, decided to get together in person to hash it out.

Well, I didn’t decide to do this. Pickett cajoled me with a few Basil Hayden’s last night and I capitulated.

“I didn’t mean that no one cares...” Pickett started to reason. But the train had gone off the rails even before Bond had set foot in the door and he cut him off. “You said it! I read it. You said that no one cares about our team press releases!”

I tried to enter in some rational thinking. “No one gives a shit about us patting ourselves on the back. I mean, really, does anyone care that Elijah Curry is having the season of his life hitting .363? I mean, maybe our fans. But overall, we need more captivating content, more interesting stuff to communicate.”

Bond retorted, “Oh, bullshit! People love our celebrating over Damon Urry, that young-ass pitcher being promoted from single A to double A! The kid hasn't give up a run all season long! You can’t tell me people don’t care!”

“I just tried to tell you that people don’t.”

Pickett pleaded for cooler heads to prevail. “Ok, wait a minute. This can be done. We can unnecessarily boast about our own players AND make some interesting content. Say, a campaign for our prized rookie Fraser Pond to make the Burt League All-Star team this year. He's pitching so well and he's our ace even as a rookie. I mean, we could ask for our manager Bill Welsh’s ideas on the team.”

“That guy?”, Bond asked, flabbergasted. “I’ve wanted to fire that guy since the moment UMEBA was promoted to being considered a major league. That guy is bush league!”

“I’m just offering some ideas”, Pickett weakly replied, clearly flustered, frustrated and with frailty. He’d reached the end of his rope on this day. That didn’t bode well for me.

“Listen, we’ll do our best” is all I could muster. “We’ll masturbate about our team for the fans and whoever else wants to read about that.”

“Me, for one! Do it! That’s an order!”

And with that, Bond stormed out of the office, and Pickett and I gave perplexing looks to each other. Just one more day in the Cairo front office.
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Owner Ryan Bond Has His Say (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 3, 2042 Season)

Post by Dington » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Nice! I will be enjoying the change!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Great stuff. I like the creative stuff, I even get time to do some myself at times lol. Mostly though I don't get time to be that creative so I settle for documenting the team and trying to inject a bit of humour in it at times. Keep up the good work.
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:36 pm
Great stuff. I like the creative stuff, I even get time to do some myself at times lol. Mostly though I don't get time to be that creative so I settle for documenting the team and trying to inject a bit of humour in it at times. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! But I am definitely like you. I'm not a very creative person I fear! Documenting my team, or another team or a player is much more straight forward for me. And I will probably keep it like that if I'm writing about someone else's team or player or a historical BBA event. But with my own team, I feel weird boasting about my own team. So I think I'd rather focus on the dysfunction with the owner!
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:32 am

There's no wrong way as long as you're having fun.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Clayman
Ex-GM

Post by Clayman » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Nice read just pity it mentioned Cairo more than once.
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2051 75-87
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2049 72-81
Valencia Stars 2045-2047 185-301
Beirut Cedars 2044 90-72
Athens Fighting Centaurs 2042-2043 112-118
Cairo Chariot Archers BC 2041 8-5

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Chariot Archers BC”