Cairo Cracks Cog Composition (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 2, 2042 Season)

Contracted after 2043 season
johnd2442
Ex-GM

Cairo Cracks Cog Composition (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 2, 2042 Season)

Post by johnd2442 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am

Cairo Cracks Cog Composition
Cairo Chronicles, Issue 2, 2042 Season

While alliteration may not be a strong suit of this Cairo front office, roster configuration most certainly has not been. Over the first month of the UMEBA season, much attention has been paid to the franchise’s minor league levels and trying to gain an understanding of the entire franchise. Much work still needs to be done, but weak spots have been identified as well as several points of optimism.

Owner Ryan Bond, who seems to have made his money mostly from whining incessantly, complained recently about the airfare costs that the team has been racking up with shuttling guys throughout the minor league system. “Come on, guys, after all, Taipei, Montevideo and Nairobi, we’re talking three different continents here”, Bond started in with his latest complaint. “Can’t we just keep ‘em all where they are?”

Assistant GM Jim Pickett has already proven his worth by mostly placating Hurd with a general, “sure, Ryan”. When the general manager calls, it usually results in one person hanging up on the other, and that wasn’t getting many things done except for runs to the donut shop. An apple fritter and cruller usually curbs annoyances for a time.

Cairo is starting to realize that there’s some dead weight in the organization and there are several reasons why, chief among them is owner Bond who takes a liking to players. Felix Arroyo who turned out to be Bond’s brother in law, was the next guy who had to go. The light hitting, 34 year old third baseman was squeezed out by others who need at bats.

Third baseman Felix Arroyo has been waived.

Most of the lineups in the minor league system are pretty set going forward, though owner Bond will be the last to know that. And maybe some players will have to be promoted or demoted because of injury, performance, or, well, just a desire for airline miles.

In other, more uplifting news, young pitcher Fraser Pond was named the UMEBA’s Rookie of the Month and Pitcher of the Month for the first month of the season. He is currently 4-1 with a 2.74 ERA. He’ll hopefully give the pitching staff some stability going forward. The pitching staff needs closer inspection and that will be the next step.

Starting pitcher Fraser Pond has a lot of expectations on him in Cairo. Maybe too many.
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

ca13
Ex-GM

Re: Cairo Cracks Cog Composition (Cairo Chronicles: Issue 2, 2042 Season)

Post by ca13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm

johnd2442 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am

Owner Ryan Bond, who seems to have made his money mostly from whining incessantly
lol

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:08 pm

ca13 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm
johnd2442 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am

Owner Ryan Bond, who seems to have made his money mostly from whining incessantly
lol
I'm telling you, this guy Bond is testing my patience. His background is hazy, so I'm still unsure how he has ascended to owning a UMEBA franchise. I don't think they are given away in gumball machines. I don't want to have to hire a private detective to track this guy, but if he works as hard as he complains with the transactions I'm making, the guy has to be a hard worker. I just don't know at what!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:58 am

I like donuts.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:33 am

Well, done on getting the franchise pointed in the right direction again
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Fat Nige wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:33 am
Well, done on getting the franchise pointed in the right direction again
You're kind, and I am thankful for the compliment, but I think I am simply benefitting from the framework you had in place. I just switched some players and their minor league assignments, and still have a bit of work to do there, but I think that's made a slight difference. I think I am also benefitting from Kuwait City unfortunately being two steps behind in roster construction and being able to pile on some wins there.

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:59 am

RonCo wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:58 am
I like donuts.
Me too. Oh, far too much. I found a donut shop down the street that has a triple chocolate donut. Chocolate chips on top, chocolate frosting besides that on the top and stuffed with more chocolate. It is glorious.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Chariot Archers BC”