The Bosphorus Insider 2041.9

Contracted after 2043 season
Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

The Bosphorus Insider 2041.9

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Image The 2041 UMEBA All Star Game

The 2041 Edition of the UMEBA All Star Game was cancelled due to several All Star Players coming down with Mumbai Mud Butt. Several players stated that they went out at night hitting all the food carts around town. They ate and drank everything in sight.

Istanbul All Star LF John Garcia told reporters, “ I had some spicy curry out there in the streets somewhere and my mouth was on fire. I ran down the street and found a guy selling water. I should have noticed that the water bottle cap was loose but I had too much to drink too. I think that was what got me. I was bent over sh**ing like a penguin for hours.”

Several other players said they probably got something from the water jugs at the field. Mumbai All Star Pitcher Pepe Castillo said, “ I wish we knew about this earlier this season, we could have been using it against visiting teams.” He winked as he chuckled and walked away.

We all missed out on the possibility of seeing a great game but next season we can make up for it and avoid a Great Sh** Storm of 2042.

For what it's worth here are the 2041 Rosters:

BURT LEAGUE ALL STARS
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 5.33.18 PM.png
BANCROFT LEAGUE ALL STARS
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 5.33.49 PM.png

Istanbul returns to action after the disastrous All Star Break and visits Jerusalem for a three game series vs the Hebrew Hammers.

Game 1- Istanbul RF Hyung-on Ch’oe homers and doubles and leads the Bosphorus to a victory over the Hammers.

SP Francis Wiles is putting together an outstanding season. He pitched 7 1/3 innings allowing 1 run on 8 hits and no walks. He struck out 5 in just 99 pitches. He improves to 10-5 with a 2.95 ERA.

RP Luis Tavares recorded 2 outs in 5 pitches for his 5th hold of the season.

RP Bras Geisteras struggled in a non save situation allowing 2 runs on 3 hits but still held on to get the final out.

Ch’oe was 3 for 4 with 3 runs and an RBI.

DH Bai-luo Jiu was 2 for 4 with a run scored and a RBI. He is hitting .307 with 7 homers and 34 RBI in a platoon at DH.

SS Jose Lopez homered and was 2 for 4. Lopez has played fantastic defense this season with 1 error in 365 chances.

Final score: Istanbul wins 6-3.

Game 2- Istanbul rides the bats of RF Hyung-on Ch’oe and LF John Garcia to take the Hammers to extra innings. Ch’oe was 4 for 5 with a triple and 2 homers. He drove in 5 and scored 3 times. Garcia was 2 for 4 with 2 homers driving in 4 runs and scoring 2.

In the top of the tenth with 2 out Ch’oe tripled on a 1-1 pitch from Jerusalem RP
Robbie Cooke. 3B Ken Pykerolled the count to 3-2 before singling sharply to right to score Ch’oe and give Istanbul the lead 10-9.

In the bottom of the inning RP Jose Espinoza came on to get the final 3 outs. After striking out the the first batter he gave up a solo homer to 1B Leonard Martinez. He then walked RF Carlos Alonso on four straight pitches. Alonso then stole second to get into scoring position. LF David Hall hit a line drive to center that was fielded quickly not allowing Alonso to score. After getting C Antonio Robles to strike out, Espinoza hits 2B Juan Carlos Ortiz to load the bases.

Istanbul Manager Jeaic Dalyell had seen enough and called for Lefty RP Ismael Rivera. Rivera put 2 quick strikes on 3B Your Lenoir before bouncing the third pitch off his shoulder to send the winning run home.

Final score: Jerusalem wins 11-10 in extras.

Game 3- Jerusalem score 3 runs in the first and third innings and then withstand a furious Istanbul ninth inning onslaught to take the series 2-1. Bosphorus Star Slugger John Garcia hit 2 more bombs going 2 for 3 with 3 runs and 2 RBI.

DH Bai-luo Jiu was 2 for 4. He homered for the 8th time this season driving in 3 runs and scoring 1 himself.

RP Nadir Akili continued his scoreless streak pitching 1 2/3 innings allowing just 2 hits.

RP Ismael Rivera bounced back from his nightmare the previous night by pitching 1 1/3 innings of scoreless baseball. He allowed 3 hits and struck out the only batter for the Bosphorus all night.

RP Bernardino Bertoletti capped off the fine relief performance by the bullpen with 2 2/3 innings allowing just 2 hits.

Final score: Jerusalem wins 6-5 and takes the series 2-1.

Istanbul sits at 51-30 on July 5th leading the Manama by 14 games.

Jerusalem is 39-42 trailing Bucharest by 10 games in the Bancroft.
ImageImageImageImageImage

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: The Bosphorus Insider 2041.9

Post by HoosierVic » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:23 pm

Man, the poor All-Star clubhouse attendants ...

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: The Bosphorus Insider 2041.9

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:37 pm

LOL
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Istanbul Bosphorus”