2037.6 A Burning Desire

Contracted after 2043 season
ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.6 A Burning Desire

Post by ae37jr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Image Image
A Burning Desire

Mike Barnett (7/6/6/4/8 Talents) lived every little boys dream. He was a first round draft pick by the Louisville Sluggers back in 2023. He was a top 30 Prospect. He won 2 Landis Trophies. He was a .300 career hitter in the BBA. Simply put, he had it all. Tall, dark, handsome and a millionaire to boot. Things started to unravel in 2034.

A mid season trade sent Barnett to Hawaii. He played well in the 50th state, but not well enough to be protected in the expansion draft. Boise selected the veteran 1B and Barnett was off to play for the Spuds. It was the inaugural season for Boise. So they did a lot of creative press events. Barnett was one of the faces of the young franchise so it was his duty to represent the team.

During one such event, the Boise Spuds held a great mashed potato bakeoff. The goal was to make 2035 pounds of mashed potatoes and donate them to local food banks. It was a team effort. Every player had a role to fill. Some peeled the potatoes, some mashed them, it was Barnetts job to pull them off the stove when they were done boiling.

But tragedy struck on that March morning in Boise. Barnett was pulling a large stock pot off the stove filled with boiling potatoes. As he lifted and turned, his knee buckled. He managed to get the pot into the cooling sink but it was a violent transfer of motion. The boiling hot water sloshed about and ricocheted back up onto his face. He essentially gave himself a swirlie with boiling hot water. The results were 3rd degree burns to his face. A permanent reminder of his time in Boise.

"What an unrealistic injury", Said Barnett. "You'd think this was some kind of goofy sims baseball video game or something. Stuff like this just doesn't happen in real life."

But unfortunately for Barnett, this is not some arcade baseball game. Injuries are real and a part of the game. In the following months we noticed a dramatic change in Barnett the baseball player. His eye had lumped, his power had lumped, and most of all his self confidence had lumped. Two years later, Barnett has bounced around Triple A and worn out his welcome in the BBA.

Still having the burning desire to continue his pro baseball career, Barnett has turned to the Istanbul Bospherus where he recently inked a deal. We expect big things from the former BBA star. Just don't expect him to be at the Istanbul Kebap-alooza festival with the rest of the team this winter. Team insurance policies won't permit Barnett near and pointed objects.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 2037.6 A Burning Desire

Post by Ted » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:29 am

I enjoy that I saw his picture, and then this news went exactly where I hoped it would. Thanks.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: 2037.6 A Burning Desire

Post by HoosierVic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:21 pm

I realize I’m several months late to the party here, but what a great story. Ha! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Istanbul Bosphorus”