2037.2 Turkish Maskaralık

Contracted after 2043 season
ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.2 Turkish Maskaralık

Post by ae37jr » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:27 pm

The name Kunz 'Sticky Hands' Schuck has Maskaralık written all over it.

Maskaralık translated into English means shenanigans. A term that has followed the current Bosphorus GM around. One has to wonder.... if this guy does the things he does with his "real" team, imagine what he'll do with short term team in a quote unquote B league.

The answer is nothing. There really are no tricks or gimmicks that current Istanbol GM Alan Ehlers plans on testing out with his new team. There will be no cyclone, no pitching platoon, no 1/1/1/1 players in the field, no going $100 million in debt to "try" to win a championship. It will be a pretty straight laced approach. After all, this isn't really his team. Any day now someone will pop up and steal this team away. For the moment at least.

I say that because it's been documented that after this season the Brooklyn Robins will be going under a massive rebuild. One that will last 5, maybe even 10 years... who knows for sure. The goal will be to build a farm system with as much top end talent as the Edmonton Jackrabbits had a few years ago, the depth that California always seems to have, and the financial structure of Yellow Springs. Then when the team is ready for prime time.... walk away and leave the keys to the Bugatti with new GM.

Planting the seed here in Istanbul could lead to an eventual retirement home. Ehlers has mentioned in the past that he likes smaller leagues and never wanted to leave the EBA. His extreme detail oriented approach is exhausting in a league pushing 30 teams with 5 levels of minor leagues and a winter ball team. It's always been all or nothing and the past few years have been super time consuming. The BBA has been a one and only hobby.

So, back to the shenanigans/maskaralık. I lied. Well, sort of. There is this guy on my team. Kunz 'Sticky Hands' Schuck. Who can be a legit two way player in the UMEBA. Right now he is our closer. That is going to change. He is going to start and also DH some. He will also be my test dummy for figuring out how to use two way players in an effective manner. Sometimes I find trouble. Sometimes trouble finds me.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.2 Turkish Maskaralık

Post by recte44 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Kudos- I put him back in just for this reason to see if he could be a two way stud in a subleague. Too bad he's a jerk.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Istanbul Bosphorus”