2037.1 Istanbul... Who You Call'in a Turkey?

Contracted after 2043 season
ae37jr
BBA GM

2037.1 Istanbul... Who You Call'in a Turkey?

Post by ae37jr » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Istanbul.png
Istanbul.png (22.56 KiB) Viewed 720 times

When the Brewster Baseball Association branched off into the Middle East. One of the 8 cities picked to host a franchise was Istanbul. The obvious choice for a name would be the Turkey(s). But think about it... Do you really want your baseball team to be called the Turkeys? For starters, there is already a team of Turkeys in the BBA(aka the Wichita Aviators). They could file a copyright claim wasting valuable money that could be spent on washed up BBA veterans. It would probably be settled out of court when revealing pics and vids of Stu coming out of a Turkish bath house emerged. But I'm sure none of us want to experience that visual anymore then we just have.

Of course the Istanbul Turkeys could match up against the Boise Spuds in the inaugural grand championship. That would be neat. Of course it would have to occur in November after the Landis. Thanksgiving perhaps? I don't know what made me think of that date, but I see no better day for the Spuds to be fighting the Turkey. Of course it would only be an exhibition. So winning it would just be gravy. From what I hear, the Turkey and the Spuds would both love nothing more then to be covered in gravy.

So the Turkey is off the table. What else is Istanbul known for? If I could take a page out of Marko's book. Let's quote Wikipedia to pad the ole' word count in this article...….
The Bosporus (/ˈbɒspərəs/) or Bosphorus (/ˈbɒspərəs/ or /ˈbɒsfərəs/;[1] Ancient Greek: Βόσπορος Bosporos [bós.po.ros]; also known as The Strait of Istanbul; Turkish: İstanbul Boğazı) is a narrow, natural strait and an internationally significant waterway located in northwestern Turkey. It forms part of the continental boundary between Europe and Asia, and separates Asian Turkey from European Turkey. The world's narrowest strait used for international navigation, the Bosporus connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara, and, by extension via the Dardanelles, the Aegean and Mediterranean seas.
Most of the shores of the strait are heavily settled, straddled by the city of Istanbul's metropolitan population of 17 million inhabitants extending inland from both coasts.
Together with the Dardanelles, the Bosporus forms the Turkish Straits.
So Istanbul Bosphorus it is(pending recte's approval). There is also a slight personal connection here as well. Back in 2013, long before Alan Ehlers was a world renown GM, he was a struggling cook in the Orlando Florida area. He applied at a Turkish Restaurant ironically enough called Bospherus. The owner couldn't meet Ehlers elite pay requirements and no deal was met. The owner promised that he would soon be opening a spinoff Turkish Brunch restaurant and would hire Ehlers as the head chef. But here we are 24 years later and the phone still hasn't rang. Probably a good thing for the restaurant owner. If Ehlers ran a kitchen like he runs a baseball team they would be out of business in no time. Can you say "Cyclone Dinning"?.

Anyway. Without further ramblings. Here is my take on the logo and uni's. Use them if you wish, scrap them if you don't like. I'm sure some upstart GM fresh out of middle school is going to push me out of here in no time. Cause the BBA and UMEBA are the premiere leagues in the OOTP world.
turkey.png
turkey.png (22.36 KiB) Viewed 720 times
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: 2037.1 Istanbul... Who You Call'in a Turkey?

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Uh-oh. Looks like the Talons ex-Media Director has found a new home!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Istanbul Bosphorus”