GM: Sean Marko (temp)

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

skelly2180
Ex-GM

Tokyo Times - Leave your Saber, Faber

Post by skelly2180 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Remarks by Patrick Faber, Catcher for Tokyo Pearls

Written and Transcribed by Special Assistant, Stevie Reed

“I thought we had a good chat an all this morning, but he said the team needed a better listener behind the plate or something - I honestly can’t remember, it happened pretty fast. Basically, the new manager going in a different direction at catcher. Hope it wasn’t because I put whipped cream in his shoe a few days ago - the guys love that one. I know I can still play and hit dingers and all, only two years removed from the All-Star game. All I can hope for is a team takes another chance on me, is looking for a spark in the clubhouse, and I get some better at bats. Coach said I’m on the waiver wire and designated for assignment, so I’ll just have to wait and see for my next opportunity - hopefully it won’t be too long.

I’m going to miss the guys. But I’ll help out in whatever way I can until I can’t any more. Tokyo fans have shown nothing but support, I’ll bring my pearls with me to my next endeavor, or give them to a lucky lady in the next baseball town I call home. No hard feelings, it’s just baseball, I guess…”

C Patrick Faber was designated for assignment and placed on waivers. As of this writing, he has 15 days left on the wire.

Return to “Tokyo Pearls”