Manama Musings 2047.2

Interim GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

bschr682
Ex-GM

Manama Musings 2047.2

Post by bschr682 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Well the halfway point has come and gone (awhile ago) and Manama now sits at the bottom of the standings ahead of only an expansion team. Not good. At this point the season seems pretty much over but lets recap some of the changes made around the diamond in an attempt to right the ship.

Kinfu Lugono seems to have worked out at 3B so he will stay. Socrates has been a revelation at SS (its almost a crime he doesn't play for Athens...). His bat has cooled a bit recently but he has cemented himself as the teams SS. Jack Nichols has been pretty much as advertised. Won't wow you with gaudy numbers but plays good D and gets on base. The new 1B combo of Shihei Endo and Michael Pedarzolli looks to be fantastic going forward. Behind the plate we have another platoon combo of Iemitsu Chikafuji and rookie Angel Martinez. Both have played very well. So the infield as a whole? I love it. Its pretty young and should be together for quite awhile.

Now in the outfield we have the big bats. Taylor Barfoot in LF, Joshua Koka recently moved to RF and a new platoon of Wilson Ford/Abdeljilill Sediki manning CF. This moves Patrick Strolz permanently to DH where he belongs. Again I look at this and ask what's not to love? On paper this offense should rock but for whatever reason it has failed to click time and time again.

On the pitching side we see the same story. On paper quite strong, results totally lacking. Santiago Zuniga and Edgar Sosa should be a hell of a 1-2 punch. Instead they have been pedestrian at best. Edwin Harney has been the only real star pitcher. The other guys really need to step it up. The bullpen has been okish i guess. Expected better from Norm McConnell and some of the others as well.

So what gives? I dunno. Probably shouldn't make any panic moves. It feels like the team has just been pretty unlucky. The clubhouse is a mess of dumpy personalities. Is that it? Sure hope not because many of these guys will be around for the long haul. Maybe a fresh start next season is all the team needs.
GM Vancouver Mounties

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Manama Musings 2047.2

Post by scottsdale_joe » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Onward and upward.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tokyo Pearls”