Diamonds and Pearls 2041.3 - Pearls Part Ways with Pitcher

Interim GM: Sean Marko

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

tallywood
Ex-GM

Diamonds and Pearls 2041.3 - Pearls Part Ways with Pitcher

Post by tallywood » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

It was no surprise that the Manama Pearls' biggest issue was the starting rotation. It was also no surprise that GM, Dillon Lowery, chose to do something about it. What was surprising is that the first step in fixing this issue was getting rid of ace, reigning BURT Pitcher of the Year, Ruben Nunez.

The Manama Pearls have shipped SP Ruben Nunez to the Beirut Cedars in exchange for SP Mauro Silva, 2B Wally Geoghegan, and C Broderick Manning.

Story update: In SP Ruben Nunez' first game back against the Manama Pearls, on April 26th, he put up a line of: 7.2IP, 0 ER, 10Ks and led the Cedars to a 5-0 win.

The Manama Pearls are expected to put SP Mauro Silva into the starting rotation immediately to make his UMEBA debut. C Broderick Manning will be the starting catcher for the AAA, Khartoum Racers, with eyes on joining the Pearls soon. And 2B Wally Geoghegan will be inserted into the starting role on the A-league, Manila Buccaneers.

Fans may not like losing the league leader in strikeouts, but there is no denying that this move will promise that Lowery hopes to keep the Pearls relevant for years to come. "If Silva can come in and be the guy we think he can be, the Pearls will not lose a beat," Lowery said in his press conference early this morning. When asked if the clubhouse felt down in anyway, Lowery responded, "To be completely honest with you, which is something I promised to do from day one, the clubhouse is re-energized and a little more relaxed."

Looking at how this move affects the Pearls' top prospect list, we can see that Silva and Geoghegan are already assets in the farm system:

"I know everyone will be focusing on Mauro [Silva] and Wally [Geoghegan] as the cornerstones of this move for the Pearls, but man, I really like Broderick [Manning]. Watch out for that kid," Lowery commented during the press conference.
Valencia Stars GM: 2043-

Manama Pearls GM: 2040-2043
BURT Division Champions: 2040
BURT Wild Card: 2041

Return to “Tokyo Pearls”