GM: Sean Marko (temp)

Moderator: jiminyhopkins

skelly2180
Ex-GM

Tokyo Times - Hot Pearl Summer

Post by skelly2180 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:02 am

Off the Record Office Chat with Coach K

Audio Transcribed by Special Assistant, Stevie Reed

“Can’t say enough about my boys, they’re really swinging - free spirit and all. Something in the air here has us flying recently. 17-1 for July, 18-1 if you count the final game in June. Not sure what my records been since I got here but we’ve been blessed with some good fortunes and a fresh page.

From what I can tell, our fielding has been air-tight, starting pitching has over performed (thank you, Mr. Armando), and our team chemistry has been on par with Walter White. I don’t think that my predecessor let the boys wear costumes on the flights to our away games - really loosens them up and gets some real hearty laugh. Although this conversation is off the record - and I know you won’t print it - I can’t tell you some of the costumes that make it on that plane. No phones allowed - and for a reason. Actually had to take my wife and kids off the plane cuz it was so bad. But that’s how it is on my squad - be yourself. Simply, these guys are having fun, WE are having fun, and we’re just grooving to some really good baseball right now. No complaints”.

Shortly after this conversation, the Tokyo Pearls added to their lineup by adding 4-time Gold Glove winner, Alejandro Cordova. He is expected to man third base and lead off in his first game with the Pearls. Carey Gray, playing to a tune of 1.3 WAR and 97 OPS +, will head to the bench. The intention is of an upgrade at third, but time will tell if this chess move will have a negative measurable on the chemistry that Coach K has helped usher in.

taylskid
Ex-GM

Re: Tokyo Times - Hot Pearl Summer

Post by taylskid » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:37 am

Cairo had Alejandro Córdova on their shortlist as well, but wound up picking up Scott Bell instead. I wish I could remember why I went that way, but I guess we'll see if I made the right call or not (probably not lol)

skelly2180
Ex-GM

Re: Tokyo Times - Hot Pearl Summer

Post by skelly2180 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:58 pm

and i went Cordova because Bell was gone! Fan's weren't happy that you signed Bell but they were just as glad that I picked up Cordova

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tokyo Pearls”