In the Bagh - Vol. 9 - Second Year Turnaround

crillah
Ex-GM

In the Bagh - Vol. 9 - Second Year Turnaround

Post by crillah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:08 am

Second Year Turnaround
In the Bagh - Vol. 9

It's only been one season so far since the Kings hired a new GM, and it seems like it's been a great addition to the team. The Kings are on pace for a winning season for the first time in its history, and in great position to rival Istanbul in the race for the division. There has been doubts last season about the competence of the new GM after going 69-93. When asked about the dreadful season, General Manager Jouve Crawford responded, "My first season to a rebuilding team shouldn't have drawn any attention, this is the stage of me taking over a team that wasn't in good condition prior to my arrival. What matters is what I can do for our team in the future, and I believe the future is now." The Kings are currently sitting at 43-32, and they are only a half a game behind the division leader.

There was conflict during the first season between the owner Ka'im bin Jihad didn't see eye to eye with Jouve, specifically regarding his team building techniques. "It's pretty simple, I like a respectable pitching roster, with an overwhelmingly stingy defense. I tend to worry about the hitting part afterwards. The way I see it, sure it's cool if we have a strong offense scoring 6+ runs a game, but there's always going to be games where our opponent either gives us a hard time scoring, or have no issue hitting our pitches. So i would much rather have a strong defense to be able to make plays for any ball that doesn't go yard." It appears that his formula of how he builds his team has been paying off as the Kings leads the entire UMEBA in zone rating (+14.0), and in defensive efficiency (.706)

Jouve also urges fans of the Kings and the UMEBA to not think that he doesn't care about the offensive side of the clubhouse. "Yes my view of the team is a second to none defensive unit, but I do take note of all available players on the market." Jouve has made big moves starting with their star player Raul Hernandez, recording 54 home runs last season and is currently on pace for 60 home runs this season. The ambitious general manager knew that this wasn't the only piece he needed, he built his team patiently and signed Mei-shan Ngui that same offseason, he had a very underwhelming season last year but this season has made a statement that he is a pitcher to take seriously. Though these two players weren't the answer for the teams woes for last season, or even this season; the GM went out and picked out a bunch of talent that could fill in any potential weaknesses in his eye.

A reporter caught up with the GM regarding a recent podcast he did on BBA today about what weaknesses he saw, he now asked if he still stands by his comments on the podcast. "Do I see any weaknesses? No, not at the moment, though I don't think it's fitting for me to say that about my team anyhow, this team is great and I am lucky to be their leader. But for a more fair answer to your question, I am not sure of any weaknesses also because I feel it is too early to be making any conclusions like that. I guess the biggest weakness is our inability to take it easy, there's a championship out there, and we want it."

The Kings are currently without star player Raul Hernandez for another 2 weeks who has been injured due to a fractured finger, we can imagine the urgency to bring him back and press harder on the gas now that they see Istanbul not looking so hot from the past month to now.
Baghdad Kings
GM - Jouve Crawford

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: In the Bagh - Vol. 9 - Second Year Turnaround

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:41 am

Nice.

Make a plan, do a plan. The owner will have to deal with it. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

crillah
Ex-GM

Post by crillah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am

thats exactly how i told him, since we cant get fired ;)
Baghdad Kings
GM - Jouve Crawford

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:29 am

Nice writeup, and I can see Baghdad being a model for my Cairo franchise. Make some key signings and steady progress.
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

crillah
Ex-GM

Post by crillah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am

johnd2442 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:29 am
Nice writeup, and I can see Baghdad being a model for my Cairo franchise. Make some key signings and steady progress.
disregard what I said above, I meant making blind signings and rushing to win is the way to go
Baghdad Kings
GM - Jouve Crawford

johnd2442
Ex-GM

Post by johnd2442 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am

crillah wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am
johnd2442 wrote:
disregard what I said above, I meant making blind signings and rushing to win is the way to go
Bahhh!

I mean, ok, that makes sense too! Was part of that framework also trading good players to Baghdad for 30 year old guys in single-A?
Cairo Chariot Archers, 2042 -
General Manager: John Diaz

crillah
Ex-GM

Post by crillah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:22 am

johnd2442 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am
crillah wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am
johnd2442 wrote:
Bahhh!

I mean, ok, that makes sense too! Was part of that framework also trading good players to Baghdad for 30 year old guys in single-A?
exactly! should work towards that idea soon
Baghdad Kings
GM - Jouve Crawford

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 pm

Welcome to BBA Journalism!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:26 pm

crillah wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am
since we cant get fired ;)
Jouve stealing a page right out of the James Dolan playbook. :D
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

crillah
Ex-GM

Post by crillah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm

jleddy wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:26 pm
crillah wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am
since we cant get fired ;)
Jouve stealing a page right out of the James Dolan playbook. :D
well i might as well since i work for his company lol
Baghdad Kings
GM - Jouve Crawford

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Post by lordtoffee » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 pm

A very good read Jouve. I'd expect the Kings to keep continuing based on the excellent job you have done so far in your tenure.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Baghdad Kings”