In the Bagh - Vol. 7 - Wild Times!

redcup217
Ex-GM

In the Bagh - Vol. 7 - Wild Times!

Post by redcup217 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:01 am

Mr. Herren sits behind his desk, slightly twitching. His once luxurious hair lays limp and brittle. As he looks up at his staff, they notice the dark circles under his rheumy eyes. He looks as if he's aged three decades since the first of the season. He clears his throat to speak.
"Well, boys," he starts. "It's been a longer and harder road than I thought it would be. The trades we made at the beginning of the season didn't work out as well as I thought they should have. On a positive note, though, we're still in the wild card hunt! I'd really like to at least make it to the post-season, boys. I'd really like that." He stares blankly at nothing and sips from a tumbler of amber liquid. "We need, rather I need to learn from this season. I need to stop listening so much to my underlings that know less than I do and trusting my own judgment! Yes. Yes. Trust in my self. You all are just hangers-on and layabouts! Next season will be different! My way or the highway!" He lurches to his feet, swaying slightly and screams, "GET OUT! ALL OF YOU!"
In the quiet office, Mr. Herren takes another sip out of the tumbler and mumbles to himself, "Yessss. Next year I get a ring. A precioussss ring. My Precioussss!"

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: In the Bagh - Vol. 7 - Wild Times!

Post by jleddy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:21 am

Sounds like one of my department meetings at work.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: In the Bagh - Vol. 7 - Wild Times!

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:35 pm

As in walks Wormtongue.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Baghdad Kings”