In the Bagh - Vol. 4 - Spring Is In The Air

redcup217
Ex-GM

In the Bagh - Vol. 4 - Spring Is In The Air

Post by redcup217 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:06 pm

With Spring Training arriving, the air is full of the sound of "PLAY BALL!" That is exactly what Baghdad came out to do. With Spring Training halfway over, The Kings have put up a respectable 8-8 record. With the exception of one game against Cairo, every game, win or lose, was decided by three or fewer runs.

Mr. Herren seemed very positive about this in an interview. "I think the team is coming along exactly as I was hoping. With the late offseason acquisitions of many of the guys, it's great to see them really coming together as a team. I'm extremely thankful to Aymeric Barajas for stepping up and taking many of the younger and newer players under his wing, so to speak, and being a leader by example. Every at-bat, even if the result is a strikeout, is a chance for the younger guys to know how to handle themselves and adversity."

The Kings are also fortunate to only have three men on the IL, two of those coming into Spring Training injured. "I'm thankful for the training staff we have in place," Mr. Herren said. "They've been instrumental in teaching the players the right way to do their thing and not hurt themselves."

We'll have to see what the regular season holds for The Kings but, so far, the outlook is good.

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: In the Bagh - Vol. 4 - Spring Is In The Air

Post by jleddy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 pm

An Arab spring?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm

A rare shoutout to the medical staff! Good to get them on your side early.

redcup217
Ex-GM

Post by redcup217 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 am

jleddy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 pm
An Arab spring?
I'm so glad some one finally got my reference! I was going to have to get more obvious next time. :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Baghdad Kings”