Bagdad names new GM

handaspencer
GBC GM

Bagdad names new GM

Post by handaspencer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 pm

In shocking and unexpected news the Baghdad Kings have decided to shake up the front office as the calendar rolls over to September. Special assistant to the GM Kevin Spencer has been promoted to the GM position for the remainder of this season. In a press release from owner Ka'im bin Jihad "being a .500 team is not good enough for this organization, we want to install a winning attitude in this young organization. Despite only being 1 game back of the wild card the belief was the Kings have underperformed. Baghdad is 7-10 in 1 run games and 2-4 in extra inning games and -2 to their pythag record.
According to sources familiar with the situation ownership is hoping this lights a spark within the team for the final 2 weeks of the season and sneak into the wild card round. Owner Jihad sees the potential with this organization and he is committed to finding the right GM going into next season. GM Spencer will guide the team through the remainder of the season and the team has confirmed GM Spencer will be a leading candidate for the full time position for this coming season. GM Spencer and Manager Curt Taylor have no previous history working together and reports have surfaced that manager Taylor has frustrated several players on the team. A strong finish to the season could help the future of both these gentleman!!!!

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: Bagdad names new GM

Post by Ted » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Good luck. I don't think I broke anything in my brief tenure as GM. You have too many corner OF's and 1B, but that seems to be a common problem.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

handaspencer
GBC GM

Post by handaspencer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Yea I agree on the corner OF. I do love Jon-Guo Long 20 eye but he really struggles against lefties. Problem is so does everyone else.

Ted
Ex-GM

Post by Ted » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:01 pm

handaspencer wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Yea I agree on the corner OF. I do love Jon-Guo Long 20 eye but he really struggles against lefties. Problem is so does everyone else.
Yeah, noticed that. By the way, if you aren't using the "Show ratings relative to UMEBA" thingy Brett mentioned, I strongly recommend it. You can select it somewhere on the top right of a player card, and it stays selected for the rest of the roster when you go back to it.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Baghdad Kings”