Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers: "Iram, I am the GM you're looking for..."

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers: "Iram, I am the GM you're looking for..."

Post by cheekimonk » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:29 pm

It was a Tuesday. Just a Tuesday. Middle of the morning and Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers owner Iram Posner had his head deep in the files of his credenza. He had to start the hunt for a new GM and he knew what a pain in the ass that would be from beginning to end.

As he turned back to his desk he was startled to see an older gentleman standing in his office. Someone standing in his office was normal. This man was anything but. He had a head completely bereft of hair and was wearing a sackcloth robe. Posner peeked around his desk and saw that the man was barefoot.

“What the f..?!?!” Iram started but the man just raised a hand and gave a gentle smile. Iram was taken aback and started to dial security to the office when the man said, amiably, “There’s no need for that. I mean you no harm.”

“But how did you get in here?” asked Posner.

“It only matters that I’m here. At my age, I take the occasion to be anywhere at anytime above ground as a matter of positive fact.”

The man lowered his hand and stood with both hands held behind his back. “What does matter is why I’m here. I came here, to Jerusalem, to meet you, Iram. That’s all.”

Iram was confused to say the least. “But where did you come from? And why? And how?”

“I think I came from the west. Yes, that’s it, the West Bank.”

“You mean the east.”

“I’m sorry?”

“The West Bank is east of Jerusalem.”

“Oh, well that is confusing. But what I’m here to do, Posner, is to make your job a whole lot easier. I’m your new GM, Ben Teague.”

Teague. Iram thought the name sounded familiar. “You can’t just name yourself my GM, who do you think you are?!”

“As I said, Ben Teague.”

Suddenly it clicked in Iram’s head. Teague was a veteran GM over many years, and quite a few teams, in the earlier days of the Monty Brewster Baseball Association. Other than a dominate run of about 4 years his name was not bantered about very positively. Still, as someone with over a dozen years experience in the parent league of the UMEBA, he was not to be dismissed.

Iram looked Ben over and stared in his eyes for just under an uncomfortable amount of time. “I may come to regret this, Mr. Teague, but I think we’ll give this a run.”

“Excellent!” Ben responded and gave Iram a firm, solid handshake. I’ll start work immediately. Now, is there a shower nearby? And maybe a tailor?”

Posner might have thought that funny if he wasn’t distracted by the thought of how to introduce all of this to the media and fans.
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2682-3175, .457 PCT (5,857 games, 36 seasons)
11 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers: "Iram, I am the GM you're looking for..."

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 am

Excellent story.
I assume you're heading back to the BBA when the opportunity arises.
Anyway, good luck with Jerusalem while you're there.
I'm staying here in a futile attempt to make Cairo a contender.
Want to meet in Gaza for lunch? I can arrange a one-day cease fire.
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Features”