Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (BBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 am 
General Manager

The Wichita Aviators Genius, GM Hopkins, announced the free agency signing of twenty-eight year old Canadian backstop, Don Logan, today to a one year $6 million dollar contract. Logan instantly gets awarded the Wichita record breaking free agent contract, far surpassing the one year deals on $2 million (Wellingotn) and $1.2 million (Pichon) and $500,000 (Amezega), previously handed out by the Sluggers prior to their inaugural BBA season.

Logan has a career BBA OBP of .376 to go with his career .800 OPS in almost 800 career games, paired with surprising speed for a backstop, while providing an indifferent if acceptable defense behind the plate.

"I kept trying to lowball Logan on a multi year deal," grinned the Genius," But he kept resisting. When I sensed that other teams might be trying to land him at the end of the free agency season, I said what the hell, and gave him the one year deal that he asked for, plus some extra cash."

"I've always liked Logan, and we desperately needed a guy that could get on base reliably."

The contract given to Logan has landed the Aviators in a 40 man roster crunch, where someone currently on the forty man roster is going to be claimed on waivers, unless the Genius can swing a last minute deal to carve out a spot.

"I never really had this problem in Louisville," sighed the Genius," I had clearly defined better players, so guys like I have here in
Wichita were always exposed...but now I got fifty guys about the same level of (in)competence, and to pick which ones I do or don't want is very challenging."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:59 am 
General Manager

I was low balling him too. He's definitely a better hitter than what I'm trotting out on Opening Day, but defensively, our options are a lot better. Thanks for the pick though.

2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 pm 
Commissioner

I really low balled him