Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (BBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 pm 
League Director

YS9 Future In Flux?

The YS9 medical staff today said that starting pitcher Gerardo Fajardo (8/8/8 Talents)’s torn meniscus is healing on target, and that he should be able to begin baseball activities by the end of November. “He’s got full motion now,” said Dr. Mike Burns, “so we’re really just working on the muscles and strength that he’ll need to be able to torque through his motion.

Fajardo, who will turn 32 in December, joined the team in mid-season before getting hurt. He was 1-0 in his six starts with the club, but his numbers had been trending well—striking out more than 8 per nine while limiting both walks and homers as well as he had earlier in his career. He’s got as many as three seasons left on his contract, and is a critical part of the team’s plan moving forward.

“Our post-season situation this year showed how much we missed having Gerardo healthy,” said assistant GM Jim Puckett as he gave the team’s public update to their fans. Fajardo is expected to team up with Crash LaLoosh and Dogface Chavez to anchor the rotation, though it seems like he’ll need a nickname in order to do that properly.

LOOKING FORWARD?

“I’m looking forward to next season,” Fajardo said. “I was really disappointed to miss it after getting the break of joining this team.”

The team plans to keep Fajardo in the city over the off-season in order to better manage his recovery. They want him working with weights and balance while throwing long toss in December, then moving to the mound in January. Pitching Coach Robert LaLoosh is directing the recovery. “I have a lot of faith in Gerardo,” he said.

The conversation is interesting in that most fans are beginning to wonder if this club has seen its apex, and might be fading. Yes, the bats ar getting changed out for younger models this year, and some of the bullpen arms are being youth-an-ized, so to speak, but the core of the team is moving into questionable ages, the rotation being exhibit A for the prosecution. LaLoosh will be 30, Chavez and 33, and Fajardo 32. Rick Ward,, if he stays in the rotation will be 33, also, and Tim Oliver at a not-very-youthful 30 isn't much relief.

One can understand why fans are a little angsty.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm 
General Manager

I didn't realize that if I had come back only 2 game months earlier I could've had both Fajardo and Cavazos still. Feels bad.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:00 pm 
League Director

You snooze you lose?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:43 pm 
General Manager

Got one for peanuts too