Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (MBWBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 am 
General Manager

Possible Buyer Uncertain

The whereabouts of YS9 Owner John Little are still uncertain, but a recent conversation overheard by an employee in the Commissioner’s office suggests that the team may be in line to be sold sometime soon.

The unnamed employee stated they were in the hallway when Commissioner Rectenwald held a phone conversation wherein he used the phrase “Little” and “Transfer of ownership” in the same breath. Additional conversation was garbled, but Rectenwald finished the conversation with a sagely pause and a “I think that would be okay.”

“I got the idea he was talking about who would buy the team,” our informant said, “but I couldn’t make that one out. Maybe I was wrong.”

Much has been written about Little recently, and it’s clear that the controversy surrounding him and the rest of the team is dragging the YS9 performance down. The latest supposition, voiced publicly by Wolves fans, is that the whole dust-up around Madison’s dropping little bundles of cash on umpires was actually instigated by John Little as a way to hedge the bets he is reported to have made on the Madison franchise. It’s hard to see how someone like Little can stand this kind of heat too long.

One thing that can be said is that if Little is actually interested in selling the franchise, it’s overall health and status as a top team in the best division in baseball should make it attractive, but it’s P&L statement should make it pricey. "You'll be talking about someone with a solid foundation underneath them and a willingness to leverage it," said Theodore "Ted" Knight, sportscaster at a local Pod-channel. "But I'm not buying the idea that John Little is going to sell a cash cow right now. My hopes and thoughts go out to him, wherever he is."