Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (MBWBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am 
General Manager

While Team Falls Apart, McNeill Just Hits

Amid much controversy surrounding both the Nine and his relationship with international pop star Mikki Manning, YS9 second baseman Lucas McNeill continued his stellar season, being names as the FL’s top batter in August. The slugger hit .339 with 10 homers on the month, and helped keep his team within striking distance of the Wolves from Madison. “There’s a lot going on, so it’s nice to get some good news,” McNeill said from his hotel in Baltimore, where the Nine are facing a tough Charm City club.

Earlier this month, McNeill and Manning made headlines when Manning cancelled a headliner appearance at the Grammies, sparking rumors that she was pregnant with McNeill’s child. McNeill has had few words on the subject, saying only that the couple is trying to keep parts of their relationship private, and that he wished that the media and Manning’s fans would give her a little space to breathe. Manning is due to release a new multi-media album in a few months.

In baseball news, the team is being barraged by conversation points that range from their owner’s insane rants and rumored gambling activities, their manager remaining unsigned for next season, and their recent skid that has left them breathing the fumes from the Madison rocket. With 26 games left in the season, the Nine find themselves a half-dozen games back.

“I like going to the plate right now,” McNeill said in an earlier interview with ESPN’s Cally Kinear. “It’s a place where I can lock a lot of the other stuff out, you know? It’s just me and the pitcher, and the situation around us. All the weirdness going on around me maybe even makes me better on the field.”

If that’s true, Frick League pitchers might take up a collection to quell the madness. McNeill has been pounding them at a career-best pace, with 31 homers, 35 doubles, and 57 steals. He’s on a pace to create a career-best WAR, splitting his time between second base and first base, depending on the pitcher the Nine face.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am 
PR Director/Historian

man, that extension is beautiful for the Nine. Get that kid to stop running at and he might be a star one day.

Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes
2025 EBA Champions

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:58 am 
General Manager

He dropped a notch in speed, so that should help.