Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (MBWBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:08 pm 
General Manager

Charbonneau's Hummer to the ... uh ... Rescue?

John Charbonneau never expected to pitch in a major league game, but he got a chance to do son in a game against Charm City. He did about was well as you would expect he would.

“I’ve got a speedball, but that’s about it,” he said after the game.

Pitching coach Robert LaLoosh would beg to differ. “He’s got a hummer,” LaLoosh said with a chuckle. “And that’s about it. And by hummer I mean a pitch that hitters look at and go hum!” You can’t blame Charbonneau, though. The kid’s supposed to be playing second base, and was only pressed into service in the 18th inning after poor Randall Thomas had gone seven innings and thrown 91 pitches. Thomas was the 8th pitcher that the Nine had used.

Ace Jose Chavez started, and threw his usual dazzling performance, going seven innings and giving up only a single run, striking out seven. The bullpen did well enough until closer David Cantu had to come out of the game with back stiffness. Lefty Jose Souza gave up an inherited run to put the game into extra innings where, eventually, the Crabs from Baltimore wore the good guys down to finally get to Charbonneau. The faux hurler from Canada gave up six runs and six walks in his inning of work. The Jimmies won 11-6

“It wasn’t how I wanted to appear,” Charbonneau said, “but I suppose maybe someday I can tell my grand kids that I pitched a big-league game.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm 
PR Director/Historian

whoa, crazy. I was just looking for position players pitching the other day and came up empty.

Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes
2025 EBA Champions